Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Port IN - Success .... sort of I think?

Hi all,

Yesterday my number was ported into BT Mobile from O2. All seems to have happened OK and I can make/receive calls/data works etc. However I have noticed a couple of anomalies and wonder if an issue has occurred which needs a kick?

1. When I "manage" my mobile packages online, I have to refresh the page a few times as it keeps saying "Product not present - As per our records there is no Mobile product on this account"

2. When I do see the details online, it is showing the correct number that was ported in from O2. However all details for my plan (plan name, contract, whats in your plan each month) is all showing as "Currently not available"

3. Order tracking shows no errors but is still showing as open

4. The "My BT" app still shows the old temporary number (pre-port) and no usage details. I have cleared cache, data, logged back in, uninstalled, re-installed to no avail.

Has anyone else had this happen? Does the order need to be looked at to finalise it?

Thank you

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Port IN - Success .... sort of I think?

Is this something that perhaps a mod can help with or would it have to be someone else?

Thank you

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Red_Snow 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that you're having problems viewing your mobile account and billing info on your MyBT profile.  From what you have posted this sounds like the order hasn't fully completed which has resulted in the discrepancy you're seeing online.

This should be automatically picked up and corrected so there isn't anything we need to do at this moment in time.  Keep us posted with how things go.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Thank you @RobbieMac

I remember working with you when we had to force completion of a BT Openreach order when I first came to BT 🙂

How long should I give it before coming back to you?

Cheers
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 9

Hey @Red_Snow 

Thanks for posting back!

I must have made a lasting impression then so 🤣

The issue you're experiencing isn't service affecting and doesn't change your ability to use your mobile.  If you're happy to leave it for a couple of days and if you're still having problems let us know and we'll pick it up at that stage.

Cheers,

Robbie

Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

@RobbieMac

No worries, I'll leave it a couple of days to trigger (hopefully).

It was a lasting impression as you were the first person that I spoke to that understood what I thought the issue was with my BB account (IIRC, Openreach order still open so BT account not set up properly/couldn't progress further orders such as TV which was also evident when doing broadband availability searches for my home address and they all said I needed a new line, which clearly wasn't the case) 😃 👍👍

Cheers

Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

@RobbieMac

Things have happened, but not 100% unfortunately.

My details have in the main been rectified but the system is not picking up my phone or IMEI number etc.

I noticed also that a family member (family SIM) has a new iPhone but the system is still showing the old device/IMEI

I still have to refresh a few times before the system knows I have mobile also.

We've tried swapping SIMS between phones, sending texts, swapping back etc but nothing is triggering. Perhaps some sort of acct/SIM refresh is needed

Cheers

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

I raised a case and a form had to be completed.

My account for the primary SIM now at least shows the correct plan.

However primary SIMO still says "Currently not available" for phone and IMEI

For the Family SIM, still stuck showing the old device

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 9

@Red_Snow,

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team. We don't deal with BT Mobile but I'm sure we can do our best to find somebody who does that can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt