cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Port issues, incorrect billing the list is endless

Hi, have had ongoing issues, new contract agreed October 2019, delay in getting broadband organised, 2 engineers arrived temp number given. Advised within 72 hours we would get our number from Vodafone.  So an engineers goes to the by box down the road and all up working... we thought.... 

On 17th December raised a fault as no broadband... advised an engineer would arrive waited in all day and no one turned up... called again had advised an engineer would arrive... again no engineer... open reach advised that BT did not own the line but we have been billed and paying  BT.... we did not get broadband up running till the 21st January...  back with the same temp number offered £35 compensation!!!! I had to go and buy a Mifi box from the EE shop out of my own pocket £80... Bt advised on the 3/1&7/1 they would  credit our account and nothing. 
Our telephone number of 20 years is stuck somewhere in the system, advised it would be sorted by 22feb, I call advised a manager would call but never receive any if the calls. on top of all of this... a deal was agreed on our contract and since October a single bill has not been correct. Fed up of it all... 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Port issues, incorrect billing the list is endless

@Cglanfield 

It will need a moderator to look at this.

What I would say regarding the phone number, if it belonged to Vodaphone, then its not normally possible to port it to BT, however, if your number was originally issued by BT, before you moved to Vodaphone, and you are have not moved house, then it should be possible to get your number back.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yes it was a Bt number, till August we moved to Vodafone who messed up the order only processed part of the order... , so got back to BT who completed a takeover... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Cglanfield wrote:

Yes it was a Bt number, till August we moved to Vodafone who messed up the order only processed part of the order... , so got back to BT who completed a takeover... 

Then there should be no problem getting the number back, but it will have to be done via the moderators. Its never 100% guaranteed, but it usually works out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Cglanfield,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry that you have experienced so many problems when moving your service over to BT.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings