cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uplink
Message 1 of 5

Possible fraud? Who do I contact?

I have a new BT account showing on my credit report, but I'm not a BT customer. I used to be, and that account shows as closed. This new one I know nothing about. It has my name, address, but different account number and so far BT has reported on it twice.

Who do I contact and how as to find out what it's about? Trying to find a chat option is like navigating a maze and so far I haven't found the right way to get to chat to somebody.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Possible fraud? Who do I contact?

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Hi Welcome to the Community Forum

I am sorry to see you are having problems with your BT service

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902
0 Ratings
Uplink
Message 4 of 5

Hey,

I cheated and got onto chat. I had to do some gymnastics, but I was told that the account exists because I returned a BT Home Hub.

I find it strange that I got an account open, and reported to credit agencies as having up to date payments, just for returning some equipment for recycling.

The person on chat is unable to tell me how long the account will stay open for. I was offered the option to be called and transferred to "the customer option team". I currently don't have the possibility to go on a voice call.

I can't get the full account number over chat, but I'll receive the full account number by letter in 5 working days.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Uplink Sorry about this unexplained account. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings