cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmagicmart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Possible new customer with a few question after a nightmare

Good morning all I’m new here I posted yesterday but without a lot of  info ect  so we moving to a new house that has a socket but no  previous isp so will be new set up. so I ordered with sky super fast on 6 June 2019 on the 9 th got a tex says all works carry out follow by install booking call  so I said could I have it for 17 th July yes sure all booked in had the standard texts about if I’m not in could be a £65 charge 17 came no engineer spoke to sky who said  that it wasn’t appointed to a tech and that a bridge case would be done since then every update is the same there an issue with openreach booking system we update you in 24 hours enough is enough so cancelled and now sky are saying openreach is having issues cancelling and  if we go else where you won’t be able to get broadband or phone due to openreach issue, 

we are now looking at joining BT Superfast 2 48-73. FTTC  but have a few questions?

is there truth in what sky are saying ? That due to an issue with them and openreach it will  prevent  Getting service with another isp ?

we have sky q and have seen lots of issue re bt and sky system we will have the sky q main and sky q mini hard wired will this resolve this issue ?

we have  Ethernet  Cables in every room to a switch in the loft that then goes to the hub in the downstairs hall way it’s very thick walls  will the   Ethernet  Be able to give the complete Wi-fi disc Wi-fi ie input not out put  rather than  Connecting disc via wps 

and why is it sky zen vodaphone all  guaranteed minimum speed at  53 but bt only  guarantees  40 minimum?  

Sorry for long post and so many questions hope to get some answers 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
mrmagicmart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Possible new customer with a few question after a nightmare

Anyone??????
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Who is providing your phone service at the moment?

Until you have a working phone line with BT Retail, it will not be possible to offer any help, as this is a BT Retail customer forum.

Both Sky and BT Retail use Openreach, so if there is a routing issue, then it will be the same for both.

Once a working phone line has been installed, then it will be possible to see which broadband services are available, once the Openreach database has been updated.

0 Ratings
mrmagicmart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

No one is supplying us at the moment that’s the point sky are saying our order has crashed on open reach site and that they cannot cancel removed or do anything about it will Thai stop by supplying me as I want to go with them now but I think it’s fair to ask these questions before I join 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

So at the moment you are stuck with sky until they can cancel your contract. Until that happens nothing is going to happen and as @Keith_Beddoe  said openreach work for all ISP apart from virgin so sky problem needs to be fixed first 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings