Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madhemi
Message 1 of 6

Postcode and landline number don't match

Go to solution

Hi there,

My elderly parents have a BT broadband package that they want to change. However when I try entering their postcode and landline number to check what is available in their area I get the message that their landline and postcode do not match. We have been told by the provider they want to move to that this is a BT issue, that it is common and that there is an issue that BT need to sort out before they can change provider. My mum has tried calling BT but they deny there is an issue. To be honest I'm pretty fed up with the way they have been treated as an elderly couple. They are paying £48 per month to BT for broadband and linerental. This is not even fibre but standard broadband and now they want to change provider they seem unable to.  Any advice as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Postcode and landline number don't match

Go to solution

is there address and postcode correct on royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Madhemi
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi there, yes it is correct on the Royal mail database and it is also correct on their BT paperwork. It's infuriating. The chap my mum spoke to at BT was more concerned with trying to offer them a new package than trying to help but after the not so great deal they gave them last time (see original post) she is really fed up now and wants to move but it seems she can't until this issue is sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Madhemi,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems your Parents are having moving their broadband service.  I appreciate the time your Mum spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

You can send us over the details and we'll sort out the address details for them.  Please include the correct details when you complete the web form..  You can find them here >> Royal Mail << 

Click on my username here >>RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Madhemi as discussed, the address has now been updated 🙂 Please post back if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Madhemi
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you Stephanie. 

0 Ratings