cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Potential 14.4% annual increase calculation

Plenty of news out there this morning on the January  inflation number that forms part of the BT (and others), price increase calculation.

If BT apply it all, then customers will be looking at 10.5% (the confirmed CPI number) + 3.9% = 14.4% across relevant products.

No comment on the mechanism from me, we all knew the calculation when we took out the contract, but it will be interesting to see what numbers they actually go with for everyone. Also interested to see what happens (if anything), to new customer prices or re-contracts.

I only have Fibre 2 broadband with PAYG digital voice at £28.99 a month, if they apply the full amount it will be a £4.17 per month increase for me.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Potential 14.4% annual increase calculation

I'd be amazed if it's anything less than the full amount.

Ofcom really need to look at the +3.9%, which I believe is unjustifiable in the current climate. They also need to look at exactly how a raft of ISPs supposedly in competition with each other have all coincidentally settled on exactly the same formula. 🤔

Message 3 of 4

@rbz5416wrote:

I'd be amazed if it's anything less than the full amount.

Agreed, although I can see a case for them reducing it a bit with a view to spinning it as a positive for customers. "We are not increasing our prices as much as we could during difficult times", something like that.

@rbz5416wrote:

Ofcom really need to look at the +3.9%, which I believe is unjustifiable in the current climate. They also need to look at exactly how a raft of ISPs supposedly in competition with each other have all coincidentally settled on exactly the same formula. 🤔

Funny that isn't it? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 4

Totally agree. Increasing prices by inflation is one thing but adding 3.9% on top cannot be justified