cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Power of Attorney change contract and register online

I have registered power of attorney with BT for my mother's account.   She doesn't use the Internet, but can I register for online billing and get a BT ID?  If so do I use my details or her details for the name and address and date of birth, or her details?

I rang BT for her last December and they started her on a contract, and we cancelled her broadband as she didn't use it so it's just an unlimited minutes contract with 1571 service.  Now we're thinking it would be good for her to have broadband again because it can help with a telecare service.  Can broadband be added in to the existing contract, and how can I do it?  Should I phone you?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Power of Attorney change contract and register online

Hi @LN and thanks for posting.

You can register your mums account since you have power of attorney. If you already have a BTID you can add the account or you can set up a separate one of you wish.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks David I registered her account online. Can I add broadband service in the middle of her contract? Does that start a new 24-month contract?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @LN,

Thanks for posting back.

If you add broadband service this would involve a new contract depending on what package you go for and the term of the offer.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings