Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Premium Mail

Go to solution

When a person leaves a BT broadband package they are advised via an email or webpage pop up about their BT email and BT Premium email. I don't have access to the webpage or email so I can not recite the wording.

Most people do not contact and join BT by speaking to an advisor, they tend to do it online in order to take advantage of the "online only" deals. I am not aware if BT include any information when joining online but speaking as a long time user of this forum, most if not all people do not read Terms and Conditions or anything else regarding what they a signing up to so I would suspect it would be a waste of time to include any information regarding Premium email.

BT do however include information in their help/information pages.

See link and sublinks.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44864/~/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-acc...

I doubt BT actually make much if any money out of Premium email. I am more inclined to think that the charge is more to get people to stay with BT to avoid the hassel of changing their email address

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. However as I have said on several occasions, when I left BT in 2017 it was my daughter who told me to contact Premium Mail in order that I retain my email address. At that time this could not be done online and had to be a phone call. I did therefore not receive a reminder in the form of a "pop up". This makes me think that there must be other people out there who have changed providers (as we are advised to do by the media etc to find the best deals) returned to BT but are NOT advised at that point that if they have a PM account they may no longer require it. Have to say your replies are a little concerning. So I think I'd best inform Ofcom in order that they might look at this for customers of BT. That's my last post on the subject. Thanks to all that have helped and for the phone call yesterday. My situation is now sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

In what why are my replies concerning. 

They are my views and what I think happens not BTs.

For all I know they could be completely wrong.

0 Ratings