Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JCork
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Price Increase Contract Termination

Hi,

I noticed today BT are due to increase our bill/contract on 16th September. When I spoke to BT about this, they said they had sent an email to me back in July saying I had 30 days to terminate my contract. 

We never saw the email. BT said it probably went to our junk folder. 

So based on that, we are not able to terminate our contract. 

We feel this is very unfair. One email notifying us of the opportunity to cancel is not enough? Especially as BT said these emails often go to junk folders. 

Something so important should be sent several times via email? Or even better, by letter?

I said to BT that this must have happened a lot? BT said no, it hasn't. In fact only two customers in the last few months have missed the email. 

TWO? 

Anyway, we are very disappointed. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Price Increase Contract Termination

Not that it helps now but adding bt.comms@bt.com to your address book will whitelist any BT emails.

Although you might not be able to leave without penalty, you do still have the option to renew your current broadband price for the same cost you pay now, for another 18 months, which means the price rise on the BB won't increase.

0 Ratings
JCork
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Price Increase Termination Contract

Hi,

BT said they had sent an email about price increases and how I could terminate my contract within 30 days.

However, we didn't receive the email. I have asked them to re send it just so I can look at it (knowing it won't affect the 30 days notice). They told me they had resent it over the last few days (4 times during conversations with BT). No emails have arrived.

Today, BT said the email won't be allowed to be sent out again as it only gets sent once. So I can't look at it.

I am so confused. I questioned whether their email service was working properly. They said it was.

I asked if there was a way of complaining but they said you can but no one will do anything as the original email was definitely sent.

Anyone else had similar issues?

0 Ratings
JCork
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi, Thanks for that.

BT have told me they have sent the original email to me several times over the last few days for me to look at (not that it will change things). They haven't arrived.

Today, BT said the emails won't work because it won't let them send it again.

So an email they sent to me, no longer exists? Can I ask them to screen shot the email with my details clearly seen on it?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Price rise emails can be resent, they can also be sent to a different email address (subject to extra validation), price rise letters however can not be resent, so perhaps the advisor confused that process.

0 Ratings
Pax
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi,
I’ve recently experienced something similar and posted on here. Have you managed to resolve this.
Regards
Pax
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 11

@Paxwrote:
Hi,
I’ve recently experienced something similar and posted on here. Have you managed to resolve this.
Regards
Pax

I've already replied to your thread Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Pax
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Apologies, I thought I was replying to JCork
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Did BT tell you which email address they sent price increase letter to as often it is your original btinternet.com address and as posted can end up as spam/junk email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Pax
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Apparently sent to original address and I’ve checked all folders including spam. Thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings