Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: Price Increase June 2019

If you look at the email/letter re the price increase of £4 does it not state something near the end like "You currently receive a discount. When your discount ends, you will pay the standard price" meaning the free period would continue & you'd be charged the extra once the free period ends

0 Ratings
joeokane111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Hi Gary, checked the email there, doesn't mention any of that.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 13 of 48

Just realised you've posted at much the same time, this is for the benefit of those who have free BT Sport just now

Usually at the end after it states what the increase will be, the free period will still continue to the end no matter what it'll be the standard price once it ends that changes

0 Ratings
joeokane111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 48

Nope, it just states the price increase. No mention of any of that additional free period or discount stuff.
0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 15 of 48

I've just finished a phone call with them. Yes my email says that I currently receive a discount and the discount will continue until the end of my 18 month contract. However they said that discount was £12 and because the price was now £16, that meant I had to pay £4pm now.

Despite telling them that that was not what I signed up to - ie FREE BT Sport for 18 months - he still continued to say that they were within their rights to increase the price and allow me to cancel free of charge. As I've rarely watched it, I told them to cancel it but I am angry that they can do this.

I didn't sign up to a £12pm discount ( unlike my BB discount which I know is a fixed discount rather than a fixed price) for BT Sport, I signed up for 18 months FREE Bt Sport.

This isn't on BT. I'd like to make an official complaint on this but to whom?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 48

Hi Gary, 

You’re getting billed an extra £4. Your discount only covers the old price. 

You now need a new, larger discount to cover the extra £4. 

On my deal they couldn’t offer anymore discount as I had the maximum already, so it’s an increase I either have to pay, only three months after agreeing an 18 month contract, or I have to cancel BT Sport. 

They wont even let you leave. 

Its pure profiteering. 

I’ve never finished a contract period with BT without an increase in price in the first 6 months. It’s deception. 

joeokane111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 48

Hi, yeah it's frustrating. The only reason I switched back to BT was for the sport.
Try raising a complaint with either BT themselves (if you have the patience for it) or the ombudsman at
https://www.ombudsman-services.org/complain-now

Good luck👍
0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 18 of 48

Hi Hawaiian_lion

In this case it's not only deception, it's blatant misadvertising.

This is the offer I signed up to last August.

https://twitter.com/btsport/status/1027859783712497664?lang=en

Message 19 of 48

Hi Jem, you’re right. You’ve got a good argument there. You signed up to free BT Sport, not a specific monetary discount.

I’ve already complained to ofcom. I’ll try the ombudsman too. 

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 20 of 48

I've now logged an official complaint with Resolver.

0 Ratings