Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jwa79
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Price Increase - not allowed to cancel COMPLAINT

I am currently speaking to Nidhi who told me that I wasn't allowed to cancel my services due to the price increase (my notice was part of my online bill - and I couldn't read it as it was the Welsh version!!)

After telling her that it quite clearly states on the website that I CAN she tells me I've misunderstood the wording and I'm in a contract which I can't cancel!!

After stating that I will stay on the phone to 9pm to speak to her supervisor to clarify the situation if that's what it takes, as either the website or herself is lying.

After a quick 'confer' with a colleague I've been put through to the team to cancel my services.

Is this customer service acceptable? Bullying your customers into staying with you?

I already have a hefty complaint going to BT regarding my excessive and unexplained broadband usage for September. This will be getting added to it.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Price Increase - not allowed to cancel COMPLAINT

I always understood that any price change within the contract period was a change to the contract and therefore you hav ethe right to cancel as it is no longer what you agreed to.

Like you I too am very unbhappy with unexplained dramatic increase in broadband useage over the last few months. I suspect there is a problem with ow they measure useage as the online monitot shows I did not use anything on one day.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

On my recent email from BT it clearly states that I can cancel due to price increase extract below:-

You can find out about helpful ways to save money on your bill by giving us a call. If you want to leave BT because of these price changes, you need to call us within 30 days of getting this letter to give us 30 days' notice to avoid incurring early termination charges. The notice will start from the day you call, and we'll charge you as normal during that time.

0 Ratings
jipjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

This is just happeneing to me too. 20GB average for 18months then I renew my contract for another 12months on 8th September and surpirse suprise 50GB used in September and already 7GB in first two days of October means I'm heading for over 100GB this month! Wow. If it is not a scam of sorts they are not taking responsibility for any problem. 

I'll keep asking the questions of them and showing them the evidence my end but unless they look at their end what can we do? Like others I've just renewed so feel trapped with this for year. Vert stressful and a shame as had great experience for my intial 18 month contract. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@jipjon wrote:

Hello,

This is just happeneing to me too. 20GB average for 18months then I renew my contract for another 12months on 8th September and surpirse suprise 50GB used in September and already 7GB in first two days of October means I'm heading for over 100GB this month! Wow. If it is not a scam of sorts they are not taking responsibility for any problem. 

I'll keep asking the questions of them and showing them the evidence my end but unless they look at their end what can we do? Like others I've just renewed so feel trapped with this for year. Vert stressful and a shame as had great experience for my intial 18 month contract. 

But has nothing to do with a price increase;

toekneem

(EASBF)

jipjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Agreed. My mistake. Apologies for any offense caused. 

0 Ratings