cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

Price Increase

I thought I was exempt from price increases under the Halo deal. "Price won't go up after contract" I have been paying £39.99 since my last contract renewal in 2018 (ran out in February 2020) until the latest bill for April £43.22. I have seen people getting the same 80/20 service for £25 ish.

The only reason I continued to pay more was because of faults on the line and not wanting to sign a new contract. I have made some threads over the years detailing speed loss. That issue seems to have finally been resolved after 5 years of gradual sync losses and several callouts. I quite like the month to month contract but I'm not happy with this price increase. I'm also not sure I want to be ringing renewals and be locked into a 2 year deal either.

On BT's website under upgrade your broadband it says your current package Halo 1 58-65Mbps download speed, 12-14Mbps upload speed with a minimum stay fast guarantee of 53Mbps but if I click on broadband deals and input my address Fibre Essential and Fibre 1 is all that's available. 40-50Mbps with a minimum fast guarantee of 32Mbps.

Right now I'm currently syncing at 71Mbps download and 15Mbps upload. It's been stable since the engineer finally got to the bottom of a long lasting issue and sorted out the corrosion on the wire last month.

Really not sure I want to commit to a 2 year contract. What is the retentions number out of curiosity? I might have to give them a ring or just start looking elsewhere. 12 month contracts at a cheaper cost is far more appealing.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Price Increase

Phone 0800800030 and see what you are offered  there are no 12 month contract  if not happy then move to another  ISP but check you cabinet is not full with waiting list before moving 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Why would I need to worry about cab capacity if I decided to migrate to another ISP? It's not as if I would be cancelling and restarting the process. I would be transferring from one ISP to another if I took that route whilst still connected to the cab.

I think it's a bit naughty from BT to claim no price increases during and post contract only to then go back on their word and put the price up. Surprised nobody else as mentioned it recently. That was part of the appeal of accepting Halo 1 back in 2018. I may be on a month to month rolling contract but I'm still part of the Halo 1 club. I have also been paying more than your average customer from the looks of it, also sufffered for long periods of that with poor speeds due to a fault that was present all along.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would I need to worry about cab capacity if I decided to migrate to another ISP? It's not as if I would be cancelling and restarting the process. I would be transferring from one ISP to another if I took that route whilst still connected to the cab.

Its not that simple. Its a cease of your BT Retail connection, and then a provide of your new ISP. 

If there is a waiting list, then your ceased connection will go to the next customer waiting, and you will not get a connection.

-Richie-
Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Anonymouswrote:

It's 2 orders with suppliers, 1 order to stop providing the service from the losing provider, 1 order to start providing the service with the gaining provider.

@Anonymouswrote:

I think it's a bit naughty from BT to claim no price increases during and post contract only to then go back on their word and put the price up.

There is no claim of no price increases, it states that there is no out of contract increase, all other packages have a price during contract and then an increase from the end, typically month 25 as the terms are 2 years now.
CPI based price changes are different, they apply to all customers in the minimum term or outside of it

ney
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Try BT live online chat and see what they say.

I used them and after getting put though too 3 different people was offered FTTC Fibre 2 for the price of Fibre 1. I did say that I had been looking at deals elsewhere and was gong to move ISP but it would mean a new 24 month contract.

Darren

0 Ratings