cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

Price Rise 4K Max

I am not even 2 months into an 18m contract and I have just had an email saying the cost will increase by £4/m unless I re-contract for 18m or I can call them and leave.  I thought prices were supposed to be fixed while in a contract (other than RPI) increases?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 32

Re: Price Rise 4K Max

Hi @CJB2 

I haven't received anything, yet, what is the full price going to be?

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 3 of 32

The £4 increase applies to Max HD too although this package is no longer sold. I will call BT about this.
CJB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Just says a £4/m increase for Max 4k from 28 July. I have had so many issues with BT TV (missing channel, app not working) due to account issues not hardware that I am tempted to leave.

0 Ratings
clique-al
Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Just received email from BT Sport saying from 28th July my BT Sport & TV going up £4 / mth and to keep my same price renew subscription for 18 months. I'm only 6 months into my 18 month new package deal (Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited broadband, BT TV Max HD, Mobile too) Now everything will be out of sync when I / if renew this part!!!

What are BT doing, how to annoy loyal customers.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 32

Fingers crossed I get this email and can break my TV contract, there is no way I am paying more for it! 😂

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 7 of 32

I was happy to keep the same price for 18 months - but beware.

The RENEW with no change link took me to a page where the new price was £6 more than my current price - so £2 more than the new price would have been.

Had to call to get resubscribed at the same price.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 32

I did come across this page recently, http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56087/~/tv-and-sport-price-changes-2019  and was surprised nobody had mentioned anything about these TV/Sport price increases previously. When my letter/email arrives will give them a call to try and get my discounts and get my tv with sport resubscribed at the same price as well. Only recontracted everything back in earlier in the year, hate having contracts for Broadband/Phone or TV all up at different times during the year, so will see what they offer me on broadband again as well to keep my whole 18 month contract lasting for the same length of time.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 32

I got the email the day about the TV price increase and I'm only just under 6 months in to a 18 month contract.

Im on the Max HD package for my TV.

I think £4 a month is a big increase. I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime. 

When my contracts come up for renewal next time round unless I get a good discount on my BT TV then I may cancel the TV.

If it was not for me still getting the full BT Sports package for free then I would have cancelled BT Sport by now.

Darren

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 32

I've been looking at this on Twitter and some of the BT responses confirm that the price increase will affect everyone with BT TV/Sport:

BT Sport.pngBT on Twitter

I look forward to my email. 😉

0 Ratings