cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisleavey
Message 1 of 3

Price Rise

Yesterday get a price rise letter. I call the number to inform them i am leaving (Contract is coming up anyway).

They then tell me they will offer me a great deal to stay.

Its the same package (but i have to sign up for 18 months) but pay £33.99 per month. He thought he was onto a winner until i informed him i only pay £31.99 per month.

BT NEED TO SORT THIS **bleep** OUT.

Any one else been offered crappy retention offers?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Price Rise

Yep, in the same position.

1st time i called my email offer was the best they could do. Thanks but no thanks.

2nd call i got a better deal, but not as good as some have got. Thanks again but no thanks.

There doesnt appear to be any rhyme or reason to the deals you get, it seems as though if you get a advisor on the phone whos having a good day youll in turn get a good deal.

People on HKUD are reporting some cracking retention deals, but i cant get anywhere near - so much for being a loyal customer, always paid by DD and paid the line rental saver upfront.

I might try a 3rd time, if no good Plusnet can have my business, lower monthly cost, lower line rental saver, and frozen prices during your contract.

Hell, i may have even convinced myself at last.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Price Rise

I spent quite a long time talking to various different people at BT and part of the reason I gave up was because I couldn't get a clearly decent deal. I think the days of 18 month contracts for TV are well and truly over. Very accepable streaming services can be had for less than £4 a month and that allows you to escape the adverts  for starters.

I've spent the money I've saved leaving BT towards a 4G phone and it's fab

0 Ratings