cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 25

Price changes from 5 January 2013

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35832/~/price-changes-from-5-january-2013

Has anyone else not been notified yet? I'm on paperless billing, so I've been looking out for an email from bt.athome@bt.com but I've not had one.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: Price changes from 5 January 2013

Yes, last week. Though I've read some got theirs weeks ago. Have you now decided to look to another provider, minusdot?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 25

Yeah I'm off ASAP. If I'm going to have to change my phone number, the Yahoo email's no longer convenient and its web client is ad riddled so I was also thinking of changing my email address and the BT Vision product I love is being phased out I can see no reason to stay.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 25

I havent received any emai notification yet of the revised charges....

betsvigi9
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

I spotted these revised charges a while ago; links to the changes are quite prominently displayed if you go to the 'pricing and ordering' section of the web site.   It's certainly got me looking at the alternatives and BT Vision is starting not to compare too well with their competitors, when it used to be a relatively cheap option.  I'm out of contract in a couple of weeks and I'm waiting for a while before I decide what to do.  I'm guessing that if I ring up and threaten to cancel then they will probably offer me a deal, but for the first time ever Sky is starting to look rather tempting especially now that they also have on demand content. 

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 25

Thanks for the info folks. Looks like I haven't missed it then and so I should expect it this month.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 25

I got mine via email just after my bill

I received email from another on-demand provider regarding their on-demand service which currently includes all box office movies at no extra charge, but not sure for how long. But it's making me think more about ditching bt vision for it as have till Jan 22 to take offer of £27 for 4 months of films including live streams, so even cancelled now I wouldn't lose anything

jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 25

I got the price change email on the 16th October.

I only spotted it yesterday (24th) but immediately sent a letter to BT Correspondence Centre in Durham, telling them that I wanted to cancel all services and that I would like a MAC code, preferably within 5 days, so that I can migrate to another provider.  I told them I would be financially disadvantaged by the price rises.

So the question is, when will they cancel me?  If I want to set up BB with Talktalk or sky, can I just go ahead and do it as soon as they give me a mac code.  Or will they make me stay until january when the price rises take effect?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 25

@jlh478 wrote:

immediately sent a letter to BT Correspondence Centre in Durham, telling them that I wanted to cancel all services and that I would like a MAC code 

Best to ring 150 and select option 3. You should get instant answers, and might even get a better offer if you feel like negotiating.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 25

@pottyperson wrote:

@jlh478 wrote:

immediately sent a letter to BT Correspondence Centre in Durham, telling them that I wanted to cancel all services and that I would like a MAC code 

Best to ring 150 and select option 3. You should get instant answers, and might even get a better offer if you feel like negotiating.

I thought of that but I was told it has to be in writing and has to be within 10 days of the email.  I spotted the email 8 days after it had been sent so I figured that I had to act then and there. 

I certainly didn't want to take the risk of someone in Mumbai getting the wrong end of the stick and cancelling my services with a whopping cancellation fee put on it.

I may ring them today just to see if they have got the letter.

0 Ratings