cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ParaJack
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Price hike for existing customers only?

Just had my monthly 'Unlimited BT Infinity 2' bill and see that it's gone from £26 up to £27.67

So how come I didn't get a warning over this and why is it still being advertised at £26 on their site?

Thanks.

*Just noticed this is in the wrong forum, can a mod move it please? TY 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Price hike for existing customers only?

Careful if you complain over the phone, they will try and extend your contract for another 12 months due to the pending Ofcom restrictions.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Emails were sent out regarding the price changes in October and November 2013.

It is nearly always the case that new customers get a better "introductory" offer than existing customers. When you come to renew your contract, assuming you do, that's the time to negotiate a better price than your are presently getting and you can usually get at least the same as any introductory offer.

0 Ratings
keithwjones
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I was a new customer in May 2013 on 18 months contract at £26. Mine has also gone up. So how long do new customers stay on £26.

Speed has gone down from just over 50 to just over 40.

They now want to charge for caller display, even though I cancelled it, they still charged for it. 

Yes I got the email in Oct, but this is going all one way in favour of BT.

Keith

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Keithwjones

I would imagine that if the £26 per month still stands, wouldn't surprise me if the website has not been updated,  it will be for the term of the contract unless they get an email sometime in the future like you did.

The email you got did give you the option to leave the contract without penalty if you were not happy with the change as long as you notified them within ten days from receipt of the email.

If you cancelled caller display they will not charge you for it. If they do call and complain and you will be reimbursed any charges taken.

If you have a speed problem and want help for it post the problem on the Infinity speed problems board and you may get some help about it.

keithwjones
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

gg30340

Thanks for reply, I have been on to them to reimburse.

Regards the speed I believe that I was one of the first off a new cabinet. I believe the speed drop is because they are adding more to cabinet. When I signed up:

We estimate your download speed will be: 53.2Mb - that was spot on to start.

We estimate your upload speed will be: 15.7Mb - never been above 10.

If you check now what speeds I can get it quotes 43.7 and 10Mb - which is what I get. 

Interestingly a couple of doors down from me on ADSL with another company they checked what speed they could get and it said between 50 and 70.

They appear to have a very clever system in place given out this information. I expect they are hoping that no one keeps records or dates.

Keith

0 Ratings