Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Price increase email.

Hello.

I joined BT last November, with my broadband going active early December. I signed up for a 18 months contract. I have now just received a email about the prices changing, but the email isn't really completely clear about when the price increase starts. 

The wording in the email, in the section "See how your prices are changing" is 

On 16 September 2018 your monthly price will increase by:

Broadband and Calls   £2.50 
Your discount ends on 7 June 2019. After this, you will pay the standard price of £44.49 (this price has changed by £2.50) including Line Rental. Please give us a call when your discount ends and we will make sure that you are still getting the best value.  

So at first glance that suggest that the price increase will start on 16th September, but then in the text I'm reading it as that the price increase won't start until after my 18 month contract ends. So could anyone confirm which one is correct?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Price increase email.

It suggests to me @D22Ga that your discounted rate will increase from the 16th September, then when your 18 month contract ends you will pay £44.49 if you do not renegotiate a new contract.

If you're still unsure then you should give them a call but it is increasing in September.

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Okay thank you. At first I thought it ment that, but I'm sure when I joined that it stated the broadband price was fixed for those 18 months. It also seems really strange, because if the price does increase in september then I will be changing to another supplier. Which means when taking into account the reward card and cheque I recieved from BT, they have to really be losing out. 

Anyway I will give them a call and see what they say. Thank you again for your reply.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hi @D22Ga

As @Andy005 give them a call you can often get a much better deal. Try the options team on 0800800030

0 Ratings