Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Price increase no notification

I've filled out the form.
0 Ratings
dommyem
Message 12 of 19

I have had a similar issue with BT. They have increased my prices about 5 times over the past year and a half without a single email or letter notifying me of the change. The main gripe with this is that BT are legally supposed to offer you a get out of your contract penalty free within 30 days of any price changes. So if they dont tell you - you cant get out, and then they sting you with a early contract termination fee. Win-Win for BT. They're breaking the law and this will escallate. Just for your info but my price has increased 25% thorughout my contract - thanks BT!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

@dommyem wrote:

IBT are legally supposed to offer you a get out of your contract penalty free within 30 days of any price changes.

That no longer applies.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63722/?s_cid=con_FURL_prices

0 Ratings
dommyem
Message 14 of 19

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

@dommyem wrote:

Yes it does, https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte...

That is out of date now.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63722/?s_cid=con_FURL_prices

Can I cancel my contract because of the CPI increase?

If you’re within your minimum term when the prices go up, you can cancel your contract. But there will be a fee for cancelling early. If you’re outside of your contract period you can end your contract at any time without any fees.

0 Ratings
dommyem
Message 16 of 19

I'm not a new customer, I took  out my contract in July 2017, so it does apply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

@dommyem wrote:

I'm not a new customer, I took  out my contract in July 2017, so it does apply.

It will when you re-contract.

"From 11 January 2019 if you're a new customer or re-contracting mobile, broadband or landline,"

Next price increase is in March 2020, so how long is your current contract?

You are free to change provider once your current contract ends, you do not have to renew, but you will find that other providers are also changing their terms.

0 Ratings
dommyem
Message 18 of 19

I won't be re-contracting. Thanks for trying to fight BT's corner - but they are in the wrong here. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

@dommyem wrote:

I won't be re-contracting. Thanks for trying to fight BT's corner - but they are in the wrong here. 

I am not fighting any corner, just updating you on the changes to your original post.

I think you will find that when you move provider, they will have implemented the same policy, as it makes more sense to make customers aware in advance, of any price changes, that form part of their contract.

0 Ratings