Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmraynor
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Price increase not received.

Dear Sir/Mamdam,

I am writing this in hope that someone at BT (or someone else) can please help me. I noticed on my bank statement that my BT bill had gone up. I check the invoice and saw that my line rental had indeed increased, but I had never recieved an email or letter informing me of this. I checked my email inbox (and spam/junk folders) nothing. but I did recieve me BT bills and some marketing emails to this address.

I went on to the web chat (to anyone reading this - don't use it, terrible, terrible service) to query this. I was told that they could see that the email had been sent, so there was nothing they could do. So I asked to speak to a supervisor, after a wait the supervisor came online (addressing me by my first name, which I consider to be rude) and he went and checked & after 5 minutes said it had been sent, there was nothing he could do and that we were now in deadlock and I would have to go to the regulator.

I was a bit shocked, I am 74 year old pensioner and it was (& is) implied that I am lying. I told the representative that I did not think he was doing everything he could to resolve this (which is surely his job?). He then said he would re-send the email to me, I waited & nothing was revieved, I sent him a screen capture of this. He then asked me for an alternative email address, I gave him my sons, who was with me, again no email was received - still none to other email days later. I asked him to send me proof that the original email had been sent, he presumably had confirmation, but he refused and said that the regulator would have this information if I complained. This is an outright lie, BT for data protection would have this information and should be able to provide it to a customer when they are in duspute. I sent you documentary proof that i was not recieving these email, yet BT could not do the same to prove I was receiving them.

This is over a point of principle, why would I bother to lie over what will eventually amount to £12.50. But BT have a duty of care to their customers, to inform a customer of a price rise and then not to try and fob them off as quickly as possible.

I would like to make an official complaint about the supervisor I spoke to and hope that someone can now try and resolve/remedy this situation. Otherwise it will appear that BT want to rip their customers off and do not care if they or their families ever use their services ever again.

I will take this OfCom if needed.

A very dissatisfied and annoyed customer.

Teresa Raynor

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Price increase not received.

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

The notifications were sent to your primary e-mail address, the one you use to login to MyBT, and also receive bill notifications. I received my notification on the 4th December 2017, and it starts with "Some of out prices are changing"

There was a summary of how the price changes would affect you, there was nothing about any line rental increase, but I pay upfront with line rental saver.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Price increase not received.

I thought that Line Rental was one of the things that didn't increase. 

I pay LRS but my email stated my b/b+calls was rising by £2 and stated that when my discount expired I would pay the standard £42.99 ,which had changed by the £2 ie no change in Line Rental cost.

0 Ratings