cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Price increase notification email

I spoke to bt online chat yesterday who advised me that from 7th Jan the price is increasing and I should have received an email informing me. I've been through my inbox and spam folder and have not received any such email. I have lots of sales emails and all my monthly bills are there. Today I was contacted by the retention team and advised that I've missed the period to cancel by a day but they'll renegotiate a new contract. I find it strange that I get all other bt emails except for this important one and when I try to cancel I'm told someone will call me back tomorrow, then be told that I've missed the cancellation deadline by a day.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Price increase notification email

do you use your btinternet.com email address or like many, myself included, use a third party email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I don't use bt email address I use a third party email, which all my other emails from bt come through on, bills and promotional emails etc.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

have you checked your bt email address for the price increase email as it is quite possible that is where it was sent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No I haven't checked bt email, didn't think to check that inbox as I've never used it and when I spoke to 2 different bt advisors, they both quoted my personal email address my contact email.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I would check it as BT often send to the btinternet.com address which is your initial registered email  even though I use third party email I still have it set up to pick up btinternet.com email

0 Ratings