Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Price increase

I have received two emails about the September price increase. One came a few days ago and said that my broadband wasn't being increased, only my calls add-on would increase. Today another identical email telling me that my broadband would increase by £2.50. Anyone else receiving confusing emails?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Price increase

If you take a new contract for 18 months you can keep the same BB price. I called them this morning because I am thinking of leaving, that was the best they could do. They would not even re-new my TV on the current deal. Not sure what to do now might just stay with BT although not happy about it.

0 Ratings
robc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Same thing with me.

Renewed broadband for 18 months to negate the price rise.

Could do nothing for TV (Starter) which was rising from £3.50 to £6.00 per month so cancelled.

Only rejoined on 25th April, took out the TV because of the free BT Sport offer for 18 months, not watched anything yet, as got it for the new 'footy' season.

Would have dumped the broadband too, but took out a £5 per month BT mobile SIM (12 month contract) on rejoining and that would have gone up to £13 per month.

So will switch back to GiffGaff when the Mobile contract is up and then wait for the next (inevitable) price rise

and switch broadband.

Rob

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Not received any email about price increases yet. Do they stagger sending them out?

0 Ratings
chaytree92
Message 5 of 10

I am thinking along similar lines but am interested about keeping the youview box and keeping the service to watch and record. I am not yet sure whether i will be charged for that service as it practically is a youview box or if it will return to a basic freeview service.

0 Ratings
chaytree92
Message 6 of 10

Are you thinking of keeping the youview box? Because of the price increase, there should be no charges for keeping it.

The only thing i am unsure of is exactly what service we would get as technically it is a youview box... Whether it would return to a basic freeview service or whether we would retain the recording service.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Hi @chaytree92

This post from SeanD explains what happens to the boxes if you cancel your BT TV Services...

BT TV Box- What happens if I leave BT or cancel subscriptions

Message 8 of 10

@new Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this as you should only receive one notification per account. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@Addy Yes the notifications are staggered, you'll get an email or letter sent to you before the 15/08/18.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Thanks
0 Ratings