cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Price of BT broadband & phone includes line rental?

Go to solution

@Elmswrote:

Does anyone know how quickly BT ,,, switch on your BT broadband after you place an order for this online? 

If I order in the next few days, will it be arranged before Christmas, do you think?

As I said previously, the default is (or at least was) 14 days from order for a like for like switch. So highly unlikely to happen before Christmas. But as @Keith_Beddoe said, have run through the order process & see what you're offered.

Message 12 of 12

Re: Price of BT broadband & phone includes line rental?

Go to solution

@rbz5416wrote:

@Elmswrote:

Does anyone know how quickly BT ,,, switch on your BT broadband after you place an order for this online? 

If I order in the next few days, will it be arranged before Christmas, do you think?

As I said previously, the default is (or at least was) 14 days from order for a like for like switch. So highly unlikely to happen before Christmas. But as @Keith_Beddoe said, have run through the order process & see what you're offered.

It will all depend on the current setup, if that line is working and in another persons name, a working line takeover takes 10-14 days
If the connection is ceased and no engineer is needed, the lead time is around 5-7 days
If it's a ceased FTTP connection, it can be activated the next working day, the hub delivery becomes the lead time.

All of this is explained when you go to place an order, if you're happy to accept it then the order is placed.