cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Price of upgrading to speed boost different to original quoted

Go to solution

F0A837E2-1EDC-4EFC-9F33-BA90EA4CEBAF.png

Hey, apologies if this is in the incorrect board. 

Me and my partner are rather enjoying the speed boosted speeds and would have liked to continue with it.

However upon trying to upgrade on the app the upgrade is more than double the cost of our current package fttp 150. I think this is because the 150 package that we are paying for is a regional deal and the 500 upgrade shown when we signed up for broadband was listed as a regional deal as well. Is the regional deal something that I can still upgrade to by phoning the helpline? I don’t know if I’m wasting my time doing so tomorrow. 

Thank you!

(attached screenshot of original offer we went for)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Price of upgrading to speed boost different to original quoted

Go to solution

You could try the options team and see if they can and also see what you can negotiate. If you don't like offer then don't accept 0800800030 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Cool cheers for your reply. Are the team easy to negotiate with? It might be worth mentioning how we wasn’t with broadband for the first week due to open reach issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you are going to get a deal then options team are the people to talk to. If they are very busy you get diverted to helpdesk. Just try again at another time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Angel001wrote:

Are the team easy to negotiate with?

The team are, the system on the other hand ... the deals available typically depend on how long you have left on your contract, the advisors and team leaders don't have control over that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Great thanks for all your replies very helpful, I’ll give them a call first thing tomorrow. I will mention how I’m disappointed that the cost to upgrade is 64.99 as opposed to the original £39.99 when registering. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Are you trying to upgrade while you still have the speed boost enabled or have your speeds gone back to what you subscribed to and are now wanting to upgrade?

The reason for asking is that I know someone in the same situation who had the speed boost and then found out that the new customer price was less than they were paying for a faster speed they didn’t do anything and they still have the speed boost 4 months after it was supposed to have finished. 

Could it be that the system is clever enough to know this and didn’t turn it off due to the customer price promise or have they just been lucky and someone has forgotten to remove the boost from their account?

0 Ratings