cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 1 of 37

Price promises

Is anybody else having the same problem as I think i'am going mad. This has not happened on one occasion but 2-3 occasions. I have contacted BT about looking at the price for my package everytime they have had a price increase, last year I was given a price and was told, after asking several times for it to be confirmed, that the price would not go up under no circumstances. low and behold april it goes up. 

Now we have just had notification of further price increases, rang for any offers, given an offer and told the price wouldn;t go up within that 18 months, and again confirmed asked the member of staff to re confirm this several times, yes your price will not go up now you have signed to this deal. 

Yet low and behold I have just received my confirmation order and there is no mention of prices never going up only that prices can go up at any time. 

Where to go from here.  Help. 

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

Re: Price promises

BT are putting their prices up for some of their products.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56087/

If you have just re-contracted after notification of the price rise you will not be subject to the forth coming price rise because that will already be incorporated in your new contract price.

However BT and other ISPs are "allowed" to increase prices during a contract under Ofcom rules provided the price rise is inline with inflation and provided they give you the option to leave your contract without penalty. This means that come the next rounds of price rises when ever that is, you could be notified that your contract is going up in cost.

Your options then would be either to accept it and pay up or when/if you receive an email that your package is subject to a price rise you contact BT and inform them that you want to leave your contract with out penalty because of the price rise. 

0 Ratings
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 3 of 37

The frustrating part is the person who you speak to about the pricing, lies. I ask them to confirm price details back to me and that these are not subject to any price increase at any time, even their annual price increase and they insist the price will not go up whatever. This to me is a lie as the prices then go up. Why lie.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 37

They are not lying. They are telling you what is the truth as far as they know at that time because no price rise has been scheduled that far ahead.

While it is very probable that the prices will go up, it is by no means guaranteed.

0 Ratings
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 5 of 37

I still don't think thats not a lie. If someone says to me, this is this price and it won't go up, whatever happenes for the length of your contract, even if they have price increases and then they do. to me they mis-sold the contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 37

BT are currently when you renew offering fixed price packages where they guarantee that the price will not change for the duration of your contract this includes the price rise in January 2018. This is not the same as they sold before where the price was not guaranteed for duration of contract but was subject to change

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 7 of 37

Yes when I speak to them on the phone they do make it sound like a fixed price package, its guarantees the price won't rise but on my order email it states subject to price increase. I thought I was going mad but the fixed price sounds like it is what they are going on about on call.

0 Ratings
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 8 of 37

It doesnt state fixed price package on the order which concerns me as you havent got a leg to stand on if its not in writing.

nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 37

I too recontracted yesterday and was assured that the option I had taken would be no price rises for 18 months. Yet on my confirmation email it had the prices may change during your contract ! Come on BT what are you doing ?

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 37

I rang twice yesterday.

First time the guy said he could offer me 18 months with a “price guarantee” for the term. Any future price rises I would be exempt from.

I rang later in the day and spoke to somebody else who said that no contract is exempt from price rises. She checked with somebody else who agreed.

When the email confirmation arrived it agreed with my second call information.

BT need to inform their staff better.
0 Ratings