cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 21 of 37

Re: Price promises

I am going to be sending a formal letter of complaint, A BT employee i spoke to last advised me that you can speak to anybody at bt at whichever call centre they are in and they all have different offers, no offers or different sales patter, And if you call back and speak to someone else the response will be different. This is not right, this to me is mis-selling and also every employee who work for BT, why should they have a different thing to say. Its BT no matter what call centre it is they should all say the same.  It seems to me its discrimination. Perhaps if we all complain they may do something about it, but sadly we dont all have several hours to deal with this and we end up takeing it on the chin, thats why it contiues. This is not the first time this has happened to me so I am not giving up this time, thnigs need to change.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

On the price increase e-mail there was a link to individual offers for customers. Both my offers were for new 18 month contracts. The first was for the renewal of my ADSL broadband. The price was what I was paying now and escaped the January but stated that could be increased in future. The second offer was for Infinity 1 broadband at £2 per month extra. The small print said that the price was fixed/held for 18 months. When BT announced the January increase the BT representative confirmed that customers would be offered better packages where the cost was fixed for 18 months. I have ‘screen shot’ the small print that said that Infinity 1 price was fixed for 18 months. The confusion has been caused by the confirmation e-mails that did not say that the (net) price would be held for 18 months but that the discount would be inferring that the prices could go up, the discount would be the same and that you would, therefore, see an increase if there was a price increase within the 18 months. If your invitation said that the price would held for 18 months then it will be.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

@DavidM

that is not the way I was sold my renewal - I was told if I excepted the new price for the same package that there would be no increase in January and my cost was guaranteed for 18 months

A mod is looking into this for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

I am surprised that BT have so many call centres. I have spoken to Warrington, Dundee, Swansea in the last 2 weeks. The probability, then, of speaking to the same person twice is extremely remote but they should all be singing from the same hymn sheet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 37

@davidmridge61

the problem is that the confirmation email of your new contract does not say cost is fixed but is subject to increases and if you do nothing then you agree these terms regardless of what you think you were sold

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

I believe that the price was only held for 18 months by invitation and only if you upgraded.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

@imjolly I did query the confirmation e-mail and BT apologised for the confusion and confirmed again that the price of my upgraded package would be fixed for 18 months. I have kept a copy of my personal/indivual offer stating this and a copy of the BT head saying this would happen in the January increase press blurb.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

My invitation said ‘we will guarantee to hold this price for 18 months’.

0 Ratings
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 37

I opted for, pay £2.50 extra now and no price rises for 18 months. Part of this offer was having another hub 6.

Strangely, Shane from Newcastle was unable to process the Hub 6, Shane said it didnt matter as I already had one and went onto process the quaranteed price for 18 months if I pay the extra £2.50.

I think this was a tatic to get commision, as BT have not had to send out a Hub 6.

I had an email which shows my package will be going up £2.50, but no mention of the hub 6, as Shane said, I wont be charged the £9.99 postage LOL.

No mention in the email about quaranteed prices, does say it can go up !!!!

I think Watchdog would love all of this !

Please can a mod check this out for me.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

Hi @nickmorc and thanks for posting.

If you were promised a new hub 6 then there shouldn't be any problem in arranging that for you. Please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look int it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings