cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsteer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 37

Re: Price promises

I opened a new contract yesterday and was assured by the young lady after my questioning her that I would not be receiving a price rise in January 2018, this remains to be seen but on receipt of my contract I shall write and let them know I expect this assurance will be honoured. ,
0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 37

Your contract price WILL disregard the Jan 18 price increase but it WONT be exempt from any future rises.

Which judging by BT’s standards will be only a few months down the road!
0 Ratings
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 37

When I did mine, Shane from Newcastle said that I would was going to be in a select pool of customers and as I had selected to renew my contract for 18 months, I was quaranteed not to get any further price increases for the length of the contract.

If this is lies, then BT have a huge issue to deal with.

Apart from that, since the order on Wednesday, I have lost caller display, my package details in MY BT are are all messed up too.

A complete and utter shanbles !

Made numerous phone calls and get no where.

0 Ratings
Tracybu
Beginner
Message 14 of 37

In a way I am glad its not just me as I thought I was going mad. But every call I make i get a different answer, surely this is mis-selling information. Just getting up the composure to call agin and not lose my temper. Thank you for all yor comments made me feel better.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 37

I think the thing to bear in mind here is that irrespective whether BT raise their prices you will be entitled to leave under OFCOM regulations.

However, the wider issue of mis-informing customers is something which needs to be taken seriously and approached directly to BT.

I also personally believe that no contract with BT is immune to price rises and the current “promises” by BT staff are just a way to stop people leaving this time around.
0 Ratings
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 37

I think one of the moderators should have a look into this, as there appears to be a possible misselling issue here. 

BT are supposed to record their calls for this very reason.

0 Ratings
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 37

I am hoping one of the moderators will clarify this soon. The operator, I spoke too, said I would be quaranteed no price rises for 18 months. Hence why my new contact incorperated an extra £2.50 per month. 

The other option, was recontact at exactly the same price, you wouldnt get the January price increase but you would be liable for any other price rises.

So, please can someone clarify this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 37

@imjolly wrote:

BT are currently when you renew offering fixed price packages where they guarantee that the price will not change for the duration of your contract this includes the price rise in January 2018. This is not the same as they sold before where the price was not guaranteed for duration of contract but was subject to change

contrary to my post it does appear that price is not guaranteed fixed for contract only for January price increase.  I am trying to get more clarification/confirmation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Hi all,

I’m happy to clear this up for you. If you select a Broadband bespoke offer that includes an upgrade of some kind (e.g. copper to fibre, free Smart Hub, etc.), this price will be guaranteed not to change for the next 18 months. If you select a Broadband bespoke offer that’s on the same product and price as you pay today, this means you’ll continue to pay the same amount from 7 January 2018. However this price is not guaranteed and could change in the next 18 months after 7 January 2018. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 37

When I renewed my offer I had two options. One was to renew at the same price the second was at £2.50 higher with a new Hub 6 but guaranteed not to increase during the 18 months.

Stew

0 Ratings