Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
evfrson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Prices increases Sept 2018

Go to solution

When I look at my BT bill it says that Line Rental is now included in the Broadband and Calls package.

(I pay my line rental monthly - no line rental saver)

Does this mean that if my line rental goes up this September,  I can leave my broadband contract without penalty due to this price increase ?

I still have 17 months of my contract left.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Prices increases Sept 2018

Go to solution

@evfrson

BT now display one price for all the items in that bundle. So if you recently got a broadband product it would include line rental and maybe weekend calls.

With price increases BT gives you 30 days notice, if the price increase affects you, then you can get out of any penalty fee's by giving notice as soon as you are notified. However, I have found calling up to cancel due to this can often get you a better deal.

evfrson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

@Dean007 

thanks for your reply.

I will await the arrival of the official BT price increase letter/email and then contact retentions Man LOL

0scarmcg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Will all customers be affected and when do you think the emails will be sent?  

0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

I’ve not had an email or letter but just now jumped the gun and rang retentions. My contract ran till next June at £36.99 for Superfast Fibre 1 unlimited. I had the free speed increase a while back so speed wise I’m on Superfast Fibre 2. Not the best price I know but all I could get via retentions last year.

Upshot is I’m into another 18 month contract at the same price i.e. no September rise. Pleased as I can be all things considered. I get a solid 70mbps download and 19 upload and didn’t fancy the risk of cancelling after getting official price increase notification and then finding BT not getting back to me with a better price etc.

0 Ratings
0scarmcg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks, I might ring them myself.  I have the BT sports channels and they are contracted to end March 2019 and they may charge me a lot to cancel broadband.  Prseumably the sports channel is a separate contract?  Also I have a mobile phone in with deal.

0 Ratings
Stuart_B
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

That doesn't sound much of a deal tho'.....I got a letter from Sky mid June **Edited** then got the BT price Increase letter a week ago so I'm going to 'phone them and see what's on offer . If they offer a really good deal I'd prefer to stay with BT ...only confusing thing about moving to Sky is that I get BT Sport which I pay £10 to BT for so I'd need to get that from BT if I shifted and dunno what that would cost .

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3761870707.png
0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
It’s a matter of “Better the devil you know” Stuart. I’m happy with my speed (same as Superfast Fibre 2) I get the sport app free and can cast to the TV via Chromecast and keep my email address. The connection has been up 29 days without a break so basically I’m happy.
If you get a better deal then Good Luck to you.
0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Still haven't received a letter. Should I be worried don't want the 30 days to run out. Want a deal with bt sport and keep the same price but understand that at £28.99 £26.99 without line rental plus its fairly cheap. I never got upgraded to infinity 2 speeds though. Don't know why that was?

Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
Squash
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Nothing to worry about, you will receive a letter regarding those price increases if they apply to you and you will be able to cancel without being held to term in that instance. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings