http://www.speedtest.net/result/3761870707.png
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 21

Re: Prices increases Sept 2018

Go to solution

HI @duberry

Don't worry the 30 days is from when you get the email or letter. You can always check if any increase will affect you by speaking to the online billing team.

BT- Online BIlling Team

0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Phoned and recontracted at £26.99 a month. I could wait and then sign up to voda then wait for the call etc... But not worth it this time. Prices will rise again in 9 months and i can do it then. Don't know why no offer for sport came up. Just wait three months till it ends and cancel sure an offer will come up then. Many thanks though

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

From what date are the September rises already included in BT's line rental? Will they affect people who joined in July 2018 for example?

0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@Dean007wrote:

HI @duberry

Don't worry the 30 days is from when you get the email or letter. You can always check if any increase will affect you by speaking to the online billing team.

BT- Online BIlling Team

No need even though recontracted you have a 14 day cooling off! Said there was this £23.99 a month deal kicking around which there is. He went away to (talk to his manager) (is this actually true) and gave me the deal. So £25.99 a month with line rental plus £23.99 without. A whole £3 less. No deal on BT sport though. 

Love these price rises thats the second time i've got a reduction out of it. How did sone people get the speed bump my line supports upto 64 but never got it. Not that I need it but the upload is more usefull. 

Got a new BT smart hub too! As had HH5. Some peopke say ypu don't get one now when you recontract but I asked for it! So all in all very happy! 

Csn't wait for the next price rise want to get full speed next or maybe this reduced to £21.99 a month (£23.99 with line rental plus)

0 Ratings
damian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
Hi,

Just to confirm, when you quote the deal you have received at 21.99 or 23.99, does that include the cost of line rental or is it just the broadband price on top of the monthly line rental charge? (Which will be a further 16 to 19 per month depending on whether you do line rental saver).

I'm fed up with the number of price increases, certainly due in part to the over inflated prices that have been paid for sport in recent years.

Thanks
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution
I have had the email regarding the price increase etc..
My current deal is 33.99 and 36.49 with the increase, I have had the offers for staying as my contract is up in December.
Is it true that if I take one of these offers now I will only get the discount until my current deal ends and then for the remaining months of the new deal I will pay the full price?
0 Ratings
damian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
From what I understand from my initial conversation with BT and some other forums, all the discount offers or price fixes seem to be associated with a new 18 month contract.

I currently pay 37.49 Inc line rental (broadband therefore 18.50) which they are offering to maintain with a new contract. From what I've read though, this isn't that competitive.
0 Ratings
Eamjr02
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
I had an email in August advising of prices rises in 3 areas of my account it also suggested signing up to new contract to protect against increases. However it also said that the increases would hit my account when my current 18 month deal ends in May 2019. Guess what the happened this month and when contacting BT I was told they could not all be reversed so I've raised a complaint with Ombudsmen who will take up my case if BT does not resolve the issue in the 8 week window they are given. I feel BT needs to stop abusing it's customers while they still have some.
0 Ratings
Jen7
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

I did not receive any emails or letter and the first I knew about it was when I realised they had taken too much direct debit.  This is so upsetting, I am struggling with bills on my own as it is and it was a big decision I finally made to have broadband for my son and daughter's college and uni work. I went on a comparison site and went for the cheapest deal. I was lead to believe a contract was exactly that, you are signing up to pay the amount quoted - otherwise what would be the point in doing a comparison?

I haven't got a clue what the letter said.  They have said they cannot change it, but I wasn't even given a choice, why are they allowed to take more money out of my account without me authorising - I would say that is theft as I have no knowledge they are taking it. 

Where is the consumer protection in all of this? Over my contract period I will have paid an extra £63, add on to that the £80 odd for an engineer to install in the first place - he never even entered the house! 

My phoneline is noisy and my connection drops several times a day, takes forever to load a page.  So to up the price on something that is already doing a disastrous job is unbelievable especially as I get 1.5 Mbps!

They have realised my line is rubbish as they could hardly hear me in conversation and had to phone my mobile. I was put through to faults who went through checks with me including having to unscrew the box on wall. They have said an engineer needs to come out but if it's my fault they will charge £129!  What could be my fault I asked - well if you've chopped through wire or anything around your home! I've since had a text to say the engineer is testing now and indicate an internal problem, there might be a charge of £129 .99 if the problem isn't with the bt network and is something in your home like loose wiring! How the hell am I meant to know about loose wireing - I'm not an engineer and I don't make a habit of  messing with any wiring!  I will NEVER be recommending BT if this is the sort of service you get!

0 Ratings