cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlisonM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Pricing confusion (Ofcom ruling, new calling plans, re-contracting, etc.)

Can anyone tell me if and when this part of the September 2019 Ofcom ruling will actually come into effect?

BT will, when sending end-of-contract and annual best tariff notifications, offer re-contracting customers the best introductory prices which would be available to new customers at that time.

I have read simply February 2020 (beginning or end?) or more specifically February 15, 2020.  My problem is that my current Broadband Unlimited contract ends on February 15, 2020 and that of my elderly father ends on February 8, 2020.  At present all we are both continually being offered is an upgrade to Halo for an extra monthly charge (£2 in my case and £5 in my father's case). In addition, any change of contract involves moving to one of the new calling plans. I will lose free weekend calls and my father may have to pay more for his anytime calling plan, although all the offers to upgrade are completely silent on the detail of this.

As always when it comes to having to negotiate a new contract with BT, my father is becoming very anxious and just wants to get it done, but I am worried he may miss out on a better deal if he acts too soon.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pricing confusion (Ofcom ruling, new calling plans, re-contracting, etc.)

The OFCOM september cchanges were scheduled for March 2020

try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate to renew your contract.  Packages no longer include call just line rental and calls can be added separately.  This is more in keeping with more and more people using mobile phones rather than their landline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Pricing confusion (Ofcom ruling, new calling plans, re-contracting, etc.)

@AlisonMwrote:

In addition, any change of contract involves moving to one of the new calling plans. I will lose free weekend calls and my father may have to pay more for his anytime calling plan, although all the offers to upgrade are completely silent on the detail of this.

You will lose your free weekend calls, however if you were a heavy user, you would of been offered My Anytime Calls (MAC) last year, so you most likely very rarely, if at all use your landline for chargeable calls.
Your father can have the new unlimited plan for the same cost, providing the UAC is an addon and not bundled with his broadband package.

0 Ratings