cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raybey1
Message 1 of 15

Probelm Placing New Order due to Openreach Database?

Whenever I try to place a new order or even just cheching various website to see what services I can get at my address, I just get an error.

I have FTTP from BT for two years

When I contacted another ISP they say the error they have at their end is:

'Address not found, Openreach have deleted this address from CSS but not Siebel'

It is suggested that this error has occurred when my line was forst registered with Openreach and that BT will have to contact Openreach on my behalf tor sort it?

Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Probelm Placing New Order due to Openreach Database?

There are very few providers that can supply FTTP, and I am not sure how the Openrech database is updated for FTTP, however I will ask a moderator to assist.

Perhaps the providers you are calling, do not provide FTTP, and they are looking for a copper routing which does not exist?

Have you checked on their website to see if they actually market the FTTP product?

0 Ratings
raybey1
Message 3 of 15

I have contacted Zen who do provide FTTP and it is them who told me about the error message. Any other fibre checker or dsl checker online gives me errors too, whereas when I put my neighbours address in it works fine
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

@raybey1 wrote:
I have contacted Zen who do provide FTTP and it is them who told me about the error message. Any other fibre checker or dsl checker online gives me errors too, whereas when I put my neighbours address in it works fine

Then it may be possible for a moderator to raise an ORDI request to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Hi @raybey1 Sorry that you are unable to place an order for FTTP services due to an error.

Just to clarify do you currently have active FTTP service with BT and are looking to move this service to another provider?

thanks
John

0 Ratings
raybey1
Message 6 of 15

Hi John,
Yes this is the case, well at least to have the option to, as I am stuck at the minute with this error

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @raybey1 Thanks for confirming that for me. 

You will need to call and speak with the FTTP team on 08005874787 and they will arrange to have your address records  checked and corrected for you.

cheers
John

raybey1
Message 8 of 15

Hi John.
I have contacted the FTTP team and am now being told that my FTTP line is exclusive to BT for at least another year?
Is this even a thing? As its the first time I have heard this.
Surely it is against the law to prevent me moving to another supplier by refusing to update my address records?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

is it not part of the tie-in with builder for openreach supplying free that you remain with BT for first 2 years ( seen some that were 1 year)   need to check with builder

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
raybey1
Message 10 of 15

There was no builder involved as my house is over 100 years old. When I moved into it three years ago I ordered normal fibre broadband on the website and a new pole and fibre line was installed (it took about a year, but it eventually got there).
0 Ratings