Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Problem trying to renew Line Rental Saver

Hi,

My Line Rental Saver ends on 20 July and I logged into BT this morning with a view to renewing it. I clicked on the link in the email BT sent me at the end of June, completed the form with my phone number and postcode and was presented with the message  "Our line check shows you don't currently have a BT phone line." To put my response as politely as possible, WTF? Who have I been paying my monthly bills to then: the ones my bank tells me is to BT?

I have been with BT for years. I have my Broadband and landline with them and I'm pretty sure it was BT that sent me the email asking me to renew. Can someone please explain what's going on?

While I'm on I would also like to mention  that I have two old accounts that keep popping up every time I log in. I did ask BT some time ago if they could be deleted ans was assured they would be, but nothing ever happened.

Thank you for any help, anyway.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem trying to renew Line Rental Saver

phone options team to sort out line rental saver  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem trying to renew Line Rental Saver

Thank you for the phone number.

Thinking about this further, I'm wondering if they are having a hissy fit with me because I ignored all their letters and emails they sent to me a month or more ago telling me that I needed to take out a new Broadband contract. I took no action because my current contract runs to 12 September and I wasn't going to be bamboozled into ending it early. 

0 Ratings