Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Problem with email address change.

Go to solution

I’ve been trying to change my original email address associated with my BT !D, so after logging-in to My BT and going to the ‘Details’ tab I entered my NEW email in both boxes and also my existing password.

Everything seemed to work as expected, I was informed that a confirmation email had been sent to my new address to verify the change. However, the confirmation email was never received.

When I returned to My BT the ‘Details’ tab is no longer accessible, instead I am told “You haven’t confirmed your BT ID, please click on the link in the confirmation email we sent you”.

I then tried the option to ‘Resend my confirmation email’  several times but I never received the emails. I have also tried the option “I want to change my email address” using the same or a different email address but I still do not receive the confirmation emails in order to verify the BT ID.

The email addresses entered have been checked and double-checked for spelling errors, they are functioning normally with other senders, the junk mail boxes have been checked for spam.

Eventually I proceeded to join the ‘BT Community’ and had no problem receiving the verification email required to join.

What is going wrong?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

PROBLEM with BT ID email address change.

Go to solution

ADVICE needed.

I’ve been trying to change my original email address associated with my BT !D, so after logging-in to My BT and going to the ‘Details’ tab I entered my NEW email in both boxes and also my existing password.

Everything seemed to work as expected, I was informed that a confirmation email had been sent to my new address to verify the change.

However, the confirmation email was never received. When I returned to My BT the ‘Details’ tab is no longer accessible, instead I am told “You haven’t confirmed your BT ID, please click on the link in the confirmation email we sent you”.

I then tried the option to ‘Resend my confirmation email’ several times but I never received the emails. I have also tried the option “I want to change my email address” using the same or a different email address but I still do not receive the confirmation emails in order to verify the BT ID.

The email addresses entered have been checked and double-checked for spelling errors, they are functioning normally with other senders, the junk mail boxes have been checked for spam.

Eventually I proceeded to join the ‘BT Community’ and had no problem receiving the verification email required to join. What is going wrong?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Problem with email address change.

Go to solution

I have just encountered this exact same problem.  I've tried multiple email addresses and nothing ever arrives, yet the email to sign up to BT Community came instantly to the same address. It's a pain as I'm receiving no other emails from BT, including details of a recent order, and I can't use parts of the site until I verify my address!

It must an error at BT's end, as I can monitor my email server myself and see no attempts to even connect to it, so it's not like the messages are coming in but being marked as spam or are being rejected for some other reason - they're just not being sent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

At least I know it isn't just me who has encountered this issue. I think it's probably a question BT's technical advisors need to address. Maybe one of their moderators will pick it up?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @foilman and @Neogoth,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having difficulties changing the email address on your BT ID. If you send me your details, I'll be able to give you a hand. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I'm pleased to say that this has now been resolved. 3am this morning, all my verification emails came through in one large batch. They had expired, but submitting a new email address change worked fine - the email came through immediately and all appears to be working correctly again. Thanks to whoever got it sorted!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, finally sorted. It was a kind of verification email constipation problem, which could only be sorted by the BT moderators' technical team. Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings