cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deviltoe
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Problems Claiming Amazon Echo

I've seen some similar posts relating to the reward card and people struggling to claim it that have then been resolved through support from here. So I thought I would try for the Amazon Echo that I have been chasing for a number of weeks now.

I signed up to BT at the start of October through online chat and was offered the reward card and an Amazon Echo if I signed up there and then. Quite a good deal I thought so I accepted the offer. 

I awaited the appropriate amount of time for installation date and timing of services etc before claiming the reward card. This went smoothly enough and I received it. However, I did not receive the code as expected for the Echo. After the time had lapsed, I contacted BT through online chat and they said they would order it for me. Unfortunately, I was disconnected from the web chat before this was confirmed as being complete. I reconnected and got a different adviser who then told me that the first adviser had ordered it for me and it would be with me shortly.

A couple of weeks and no Echo so I contacted BT again through online chat. They gave me a code to use this time but told me I would need to call the BT Shop to place the order. I wasn't particularly happy with having to call but was assured this was the only way it would work as the code has to be used over the phone. A few days later, I called the BT Shop and they essentially told me that they had no idea what I was talking about and that code would not work over the phone. He then told me he could see the code on the system and it would work through the online shop. It didn't. 

Back to the online chat team who listened to me repeating myself again of the issues. They then arranged for a phone call for me to speak to customer services. The phone call came and I was passed through to someone else who asked me how they could help. So no relaying of past issues. I repeated myself, he went offline a few times to speak to his manager and then came back to say there is no record of me being entitled to an Amazon Echo on the system. Wonder what the code was before? Strange. 

Anyway, I told the adviser that I had a copy of the online chat where the offer was made and am happy to provide it. He then told me I need to speak to online chat again as only the team that set it up can deal with this. 

I lost patience at this point and raised a complaint. I have since had one phone call asking me to check my email for the code to which there was nothing received. I have also received two seperate emails telling me the complaint is closed but I can reopen it if I am not happy with how it has been resolved. One of these also had some summary about me being contacted with a code for an Echo Dot which is also wrong as its the full Echo, not the dot, that was offered I have of course reopened it as it has not been resolved.

Got to add, the standard of English in the email was so bad I suspected it may even be a phishing scam.

So im getting quite annoyed by all this, the complaint is outstanding (I think) and no one is coming back to me with a resolution. How hard can it be to get resolved? Just send me an Echo!

Other than that, the wifi signal isn't too bad is it? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems Claiming Amazon Echo

Hi @deviltoe that's unbelievable, I'm so sorry about the problems you've encountered when trying to get your Echo.   Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
deviltoe
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I've sent you a message.
0 Ratings
deviltoe
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Still not a lot happening with this. Had a text message today to say someone would ring in 5 minutes, which they did. Unfortunately, the call did not connect properly and the operator could not hear me (it was on handsfree in the car) and called off. No follow up call, text or email.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@deviltoe that was my colleague @PaddyB that called yesterday and he has set a reminder to call again today. If you need to specify at time that's suitable he can be contacted back by replying on the text message that he sent you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings