cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickolarge
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problems changing my package online

Hi, I have the same problem. With this lockdown I was looking to add the Now TV entertainment pass but I get the no BT line stopper.

The odd thing is that I managed to change my package very recently.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Roy12345
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Problems changing my package online

Hi,

I was contacted by a helpful BT person (moderator?) on the forum after posting.  All these years of frustration and misery were ended when he noticed that my BT Landline number had been entered with a space between area code and number (e.g. 01234 567890) when their systems expected this as just one long number.  He edited the space away a lo and behold, I was no longer an exile from BT Land and could order services online!

I did ask 'Surely BT could scan their databases for such rogue spaces and remove them?' but the response was that this preemptive fix was seemingly not so easy.  Anyway, if/when you are contacted by BT, be sure to ask them about this and perhaps look in your account online now and see if there's a rogue space there?

RobbieMac
Message 3 of 4

Re: Problems changing my package online

@nickolarge wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem. With this lockdown I was looking to add the Now TV entertainment pass but I get the no BT line stopper.

The odd thing is that I managed to change my package very recently.

Hi @nickolarge 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having changing your package online.  I have moved your post to start your own thread discussion.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

We are very busy at the moment with everything that's happening right now.  We will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.

Many thanks @Roy12345 for posting back to let the Community know the solution to the issue you had.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
chateauferret
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Re: Problems changing my package online

I'm a professional data architect and that response is complete and utter todge. This is basic data management and the most moronic of organisations ought to be able to manage it with no effort whatsoever.

0 Ratings