Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Splash1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Problems claiming Amazon Echo

Go to solution

Hi

My service went live in February and in March I called to ask about the free Amazon Echo I was promised. The person told me I had been sent an email with a code on 15th March - I checked my spam and online account and there was no email. The person said she would email the claims team and I needed to wait 5 days on 24th March I recieved a notification that a dot was being sent to me - it appears that an account was set up at the bt shop and this was ordered.

I rang BT again and explained that the wrong type of echo was being sent to me and they said that they would email the claims team and I should return the dot to sender (which I did).

I have not recieved any further contact or indication of when I will recieve the echo. As I explained to the person on the phone this was an incentive that persuaded me not to go with sky TV but this is becoming an increasingly frustrating expereince.

I can see that the rewards have changed to a google home and do not mind which reward I recieve (if this helps with the process). Is somebody able to look into this?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Problems claiming Amazon Echo

Go to solution

@Splash1 

I assume you must have rejoined BT Retail from another provider, as you last posted in January 2018?

What you received would have been what was on offer at the time, and no alternative would have been available. A moderator can look at what was on offer when you placed your order.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Splash1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for your help - I cancelled with BT ealier in the year and was going to start a service with Sky but was offered a deal with BT which included the echo ) - So I decided to cancel with sky and start a new contract with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@Splash1 Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums, I'm sorry about the difficulties experienced with getting your Amazon Echo. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

In hand with moderator.

0 Ratings
Splash1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Hi thank you for your private message the bt system is not lettinbg me reply as it says I have reached the number of private messages - however I have not sent any private messages - is there another way I can send you the requested information?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

I have asked for an update from a moderator, as the issue with private messages has happened before, its not just you.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@Splash1 Sorry about that, can you leave it 2 mins then try again and it should work?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Splash1 I can see your details are in our queue now Smiley Very Happy