Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenny_Cumbria
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problems claiming reward card

Go to solution

I ordered my service online on 28/6/18, as a new customer. We were offered fibre to the premises so thought we would give it a try. It was due to be installed on 19/7/18. On 9/8/18 we were given a free temporary copper broadband service due to the delays in fulfilling our order. The fibre service was finally connected on 19/11/18, exactly 4 months late and nearly 5 months after we ordered it.

The fibre service is not working as we expected but that is a separate story. What I am trying to resolve now is claiming my £75 reward card. It has never appeared on the 'claim my reward card' page.

When I have enquired on the phone over the last few months I have always been told I cannot claim until my service that I have ordered is in place. Once it was in place but still not showing to claim I rang again and was told I couldn't claim until the 14 day cooling off period had elapsed. So I rang again after that. After half an hour and 4 different advisors to tel! The same story to, I have today received a response that it is too late to claim.

After such a poor installation process I feel I deserve  compensation but not to get the reward card which was part of the deal I signed up for is totally unacceptable. How do I get this resolved?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems claiming reward card

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Jenny_Cumbria welcome to the community, I'm really sorry about the delay providing your BT services and the subsequent issues you've had claiming your rewards card.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Jenny_Cumbria I called there but missed you,I've had word back from the reward card team and they've made arrangements for your £75 card to be sent. This can take up to 30 days to arrive and you'll be emailed an activation code closer to the time of arrival. Once received you've 3 months to activate the card and 12 months to spend the funds.

Please can you drop me a reply to let me know if you're happy to close this as resolved? 

0 Ratings
Jenny_Cumbria
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That is great news Neil, thank you so much for your help. Yes, go ahead and close this thread as resolved.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Jenny_Cumbria no problem at all, I was happy that I could help Smiley Happy

0 Ratings