cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Problems renewing Broadband Contract

Go to solution

I currently have Fibre 1 with Halo and I am 'out of contract'. I spoke to 150, was told that I must have Halo3 at an increased price.

Having stressed that I did not need £80 worth of technical support I would not use, I reached a deal with the agent. As the new deal was after March 1, it was agreed that I would not have to pay the 9.3% increase in April. So far so good.

A couple of days later I checked on MY BT - the agreed price was shown, but it still said I was 'Out of contract'. I was concerned that if I did nothing I would be hit with the % increase. The order was shown as complete.

So I phoned 150 again and, after some time, I was told I had been missold  the package, which is why the 'system' had rejected it. I again explained that I was not interested in paying for Technical Support I would not use. After clearing things with the manager, eventually it was agreed that the original deal would be honoured  - a pdf for was sent to me which I accepted.

However my account remains in the same state - I am shown as out of contract and no order is shown following my latest conversation.

To compound all this my Line Rental Saver is due for renewal and if I try to do this online my Broadband cost is shown as double the amount I have agreed. I rang to query this and was told to renew anyway and not to worry that the amount was wrong - I didn't do this!!.

I have now spent over 3 hours on trying to renew my contract - its almost as if BT don't want my business.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. I don't want to move suppliers, but BT don't half make it difficult to stay loyal

John

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Problems renewing Broadband Contract

Go to solution

Hi jpshaywood,

Like you, I am out of contract and, as at today's date, am considering re-contracting for Halo 3 with Complete  Wi-fi. However, it's not clear (at least to me) whether or not the new agreed contract price will be subject to the April 2022 price increase, i.e. in a matter of days from now, or if any increase wouldn't be applied until end of March 2023! Would you be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks

JMM

Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I renewed in February and, based on the email I received, yes the 31/03/22 price increase will be applied

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and negotiate a new deal and check when negotiating ask about the forthcoming increases

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks for that, Les-Gibson.
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks, imjolly. I'll try that. I went through the more usual 0800800150 route and got put through to the 'Value Team', I think they're called. Are they the same people as the Options Team, do you know? Cheers
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I negotiated my deal with the Options Team. It is that team that don't seem able to update my account 

John

PS Still showing out of contract on March 8

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks. I'll see how I fare with them!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

I was initially told the new price would not increase this April. This is the first contract that was never applied to my account.

In my next conversation I was told that this was incorrect. I negotiated the same deal with the Options Team, supposedly agreed by a manager ((ie no April price hike), but its still not showing.

Shambles!

I am going to raise an email complaint to the Executive Head Office team  

John 

Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
I agree. It is a bit of a minefield. I'm now wondering if I should wait until after the price hike on my existing arrangements and then try negotiating a deal!
0 Ratings