Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fozzy121
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Problems with BT Purecard activation

Go to solution

Hi,

Having changed our Broadband and TV subscription from Sky (for the past 25 years) to BT in November 2016 we had some trepidation as to whether it was the correct move.

Considerable pressure was put on us by Sky to go back to them with many offers. Shame they didn’t consider that during my first phone call with them.

However, on the due date the Broadband was changed over to BT without problem and the next day the TV was also available. Great news.

Part of the offer from BT was for a £125 BT Reward card, which would be sent once everything, was up and running.

Well, we received the card and the activation code earlier this week and I have tried to activate it this morning. To NO avail, continuous phone calls and entries into the Purecard Web site have all come up with a very negative outcome. How much money I have already spent on phone calls is worrying as well as the time spent trying to enter my details on the Purecard web site!!!!!!

This has really soured what was looking to be a very good changeover from Sky to BT, so much so that ours friends, who were also considering following our example, I have now put them off doing so, at least until this problem is resolved.

Come on BT and Purecard surely these days you can employ enough phone operators and Web Engineers to ensure these things go smoothly.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with BT Purecard activation

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Fozzy121

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  I was under the impression that you didn't have to activate the card as you could just use it straight away but I might be wrong so don't quote me on that!

Send us over your details so that we can look into this for you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Fozzy121
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Well it looks like the BT Reward card problems has finally been solved.

It seems the activation got 'stuck' half way through and that's why I had these problems.

I would like to say thank you to the BT team for all the communication concerning this and also to the Purecard people who eventually talked me through the problem.

Christmas is coming so I know the card will be well used.

Many thanks.

Brian

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Fozzy121 Thanks for the update, I'm glad everything has been sorted and I hope you get something nice with the reward card Smiley Happy

0 Ratings