cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abimackie
Message 1 of 3

Problems with activation and bill charges

I absolutely hear ya!

Had an ongoing complaint since 1st December (my activation date, or not as the case appears) and yet i'm no closer to a resolution.

I've cancelled my account 4 times, the last time (23rd Dec) I was told it was actually cancelled and the funds taken out of my bank without authorisation would be returned to my bank and that the cancellation fee of £280 was waived due to their incompetance.. not the case. Turns out I can't cancel til they've fixed the line, and then if I want to cancel then, I'll be bound to the £280 fee because I'm breaching my contract. Nevermind the contract breaches they've made. BT are never in the wrong.

I'd like to say you'll get it resolved eventually but you wont. I've just raised a complaint with the ombudsman out of dispair. My "complaint handler" doesn't handle my complaint at all. Oh and apparently (this is on a call recording too) BT don't have a legal department. A multi-million pound PLC doesnt have a legal department. Suprising cos I bet they could use someone to deal with the cases raised against them. 

I suffer with extreme anxiety and BT have made it 100x worse. Pure incompetence, lies and theft of money from my bank (despite having on another recorded call a promise that no money would be taken until my issues were resolved ha!) If i could give one piece of advice it would be to run as far away from BT as you can. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems with activation and bill charges

Hi @abimackie

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!  I have created your own thread (as that's the best thing to do) and I have moved your post to the "Bills & Packages" board where it's more relevant.

I'm sorry for the problems you've had with your activation and that funds were taken from your account when you were under the impression they wouldn't be.  You can send us over your details and we will help you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with activation and bill charges

Hi @abimackie,

I picked up your email, thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. I can see you case is in hand with the directors team who will case manage until resolution. Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings