cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizBedford
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Problems with home move -help!!!

I am moving home on the 12th October and have tried three times to set up a home move, each time BT cancels it without giving me any information.  I have spent several hours on the phone and got nowhere.  I have been promised that someone will call back (twice) but they never do.  Please can someone sort this out for me, I'm getting desperate!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Problems with home move -help!!!

Hi @LizBedford and welcome.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with your home move order. Have you received your call back? Have you been advised what the problem might be? Are you able to check your new address on the royal mail checker

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
LizBedford
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi. Never received a call back so rang them again spending another 45minutes on the phone. No progress had been made, problem had not been passed to correct department. No info on when or if this would be resolved, I was told someone would ring me in four days. Today I rang again and asked if I could cancel the contract completely and move to another provider. I was told I could and any fees/penalties would be waived. I was on hold for 10 minutes then told the system wouldn't even allow them to cancel my contract. I am now waiting again to be called back. I am moving home on thurs 12th with no phone or internet in place. I run my own business from home which, if customers can't contact me, will quickly end up bankrupt! This is really not good enough, as you will guess, I am extremely upset by this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @LizBedford,

Thanks for getting back. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. If you're not getting any further please drop me over an email and I'll try to help. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
sunnyguy365
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I had problems with my home move too, BT claimed that I stopped my contract in accordance with their clause 11 or clause 10 a i, ii, iii, or iv and when I looked there were no such conditions that met clause 11 and 10a i, ii, iii, iv don't even exist for fibre broadband etc. 

I paid the bill as I just wanted a quiet life... BT like all other Internet providers within the UK are relying on the fact they can control the market how they see fit.... shoddy outfit!! 

0 Ratings
profitxchange
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

I have problems with moving home with BT - they were hopeless. basically had to start agian after the move. Will probably go totally mobile (not bt) when we move next.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi Liz

This appears to be common with BT. I am trying to move also but having the same issues. I am moving on the 18th October. Placed an order on the 22nd to be informed by BT on the 24th that it had been cancelled. They want me to place a new order that they cannot start to action until the 15 October when the present owners cease their line. They then state up to two weeks after that date to activate all services. I have been on the phone and chat lines for the last 3 days and am getting nowhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@disgruntled3

No provider can take over a line if there is an existing line in place, and a cease order has been placed by the existing occupant. Its not just a BT Retail issue, it affects all other providers who use the Openreach infrastructure.

If a cease order has not been placed, then a working line takeover is usually possible, which can be a bit quicker.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thus does not explain why the original order was accepted and then cancelled or why I am now being asked to place a new order . I am also being told even if I place a new order no activation dates can be given. How do I know if this order will not be cancelled ad the previous was. Like others on this forum
0 Ratings
LizBedford
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

The line in my new house had already been cut off as it was empty, so I don't believe that is a valid excuse. Also the people who bought my old house had a similar problem after I had ended the contract. I have the direct contact details of a very good BT employee who may be able to help if there is any way I can private message.

0 Ratings