Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kirsty77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Problems with order

I placed an order with BT on 03/10 to switch over yesterday from Sky, which terminated on the same day. After waiting all day and nothing happening I decided to try to log in to my BT to see if I could at least access the BT player. Unable to do this or request a password reset due to technical difficulties I contacted the online chat team, where I was advised there was a problem with the order (my email the day before or order tracker hadn't advised of this), thanks for letting me know!

I was then passed to a call team and told the problem was transferring the old number, I advised I didn't really care too much about the number as it is not used in any case. They advised the order would be expedited taking hopefully 5 days! I then received an email to say that the phone part of my order had been placed for the 10th November and includes £50+ one off charges which are not part of my original order and the number is showing as listed where as I requested this to be ex directory.

I am now without broadband or TV and am worrying that BT plan to charge me extra for the privilege. What if I was elderly and couldn't live without a broadband or phone connection? When would BT have actually have contacted me to advise of the problem if I had not contacted you?

I hope to receive a call today to advise all is in order or would very much like to cancel the whole thing and go back to Sky, where I have never had a problem.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problems with order

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Kirsty77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi Kirsty77,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re having problems with the order. The best way to get this sorted would be to get in touch with our order team. They’ll own the complaint until it’s sorted. I’ll drop you a message now with a link where you can chat them online. If you have any problems after chatting them please post back and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kirsty77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Well the saga continues. The expedited order promised turned out to take the full 7 days and was only the phone line. Again I called BT without them contacting me to inform of any problems and was advised that the order was only for the phone line and the broadband and TV were not showing. The lady I spoke to advised that the order would have to placed again and would be expedited (where have I heard that before) and promised that the broadband will be installed no later than Friday, unhappy but thinking I could get by for a few more days I agreed and was told there would be a call back within 3 hours to confirm. Of course, 3 hours came and went so I contacted the orders team using the link given, there I was told they would have to cancel the original order (I thought the lady this morning had already agreed to put this in place and the chap I spoke to last week promising all would be fine by today at the latest) and put the order through again, there couldn't be any timescales given and I would be contacted by 8pm this evening...No call, again.

Checking in my BT I can see the phone line installed under the second order and the original order now cancelled with no mention of a new order for broadband and TV.

I am now left with a phone line I never use and without broadband for over a week and my mobile data very close to running out. Please can somebody take ownership of this case and get the situation resolved, one of the promised call backs would be a start.

Failing this please advise me of the cancellation procedure, I dread the problems this would cause, where it seems BT are unable to set up accounts, I can only imagine the problems with cancelling one. As mentioned this is the worst experience I have encountered and for a communications company, it seems almost non existent.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi Kirsty77,

Thanks for posting back! Sorry you're having so many problems with this.

You can send us over your details and we'll manage everything for you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see our contact link.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kirsty77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thank you for the call yesterday advising I would be called by the orders team. Unsurprisingly this has not happened. Surprisingly I have received a bill from BT for £60+, which includes an activation fee which was mistakenly added when reordering the previous cancelled telephone order and is a charge I was assured would not be made and received apologies for the mistake.

This has now gone too far with BT, no call backs, all promises broken and seemingly nobody to sort anything out. Therefore I want to cancel any orders with BT and be reimbursed any charges made or planned to be made. I would also like a name and contact details of a UK based customer service director to provide valuable customer feedback, if I presided over such chaos I would want to be informed.

Please could somebody assist with my request and I can put this behind me and return to a company who although not perfect, do at least do as they promise. I can feel my blood pressure rising typing this and can not believe any company would have such disregard for their customers.
0 Ratings
Kirsty77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Following on from this, I have called and cancelled the phone line which was activated on its own and been told there will be no charges and this will be deactivated on 20/11 (also BT sport which was apparently activated, however this is difficult to check without broadband). Needless to say I'm not overly confident and would like somebody to confirm that my account has definitely been cancelled, there will be no charges and all outstanding orders are also cancelled. I have reactivated my Sky account, my TV is already live and the phoneline and broadband will be taken over in 10 days.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

If the mods sent you an email, respond to that with your issues. There's very little that the forum can do if the mods are involved in helping you 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Kirsty77

I'm really sorry about this. One of the Mod team will give you a call later this evening to clarify whats happening.

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings