Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lernien
Beginner
Message 1 of 54

Pure Pre-Paid Visa Card

Go to solution

I ordered BT Infinity of the 14th May 2015. When I signed up it was with the offer of a £100 pure pre-paid visa card. I was told that the terms of this offer were as follows:

1. Have placed your order on BT.com
2. Be a new BT Customer taking BT Broadband or BT Infinity (with or without BT TV)
3. Have completed the claim form after your BT Broadband of BT infinity service is up and running

I can say yes for all three of these. When I claimed the card on-line I was told that it would take up to 30 days. I waited the allotted 30 days. The card never arrived. I then contacted BT via the email form about this. I was sent back a reply that I don't qualify for a Sainsbury's gift card as I don't meet the requirements. I was confused by this and sent an email back stating that I never applied for a Sainsbury's gift card. What has followed are several emails from the vouchers department that keep informing me I don't qualify for a Sainsburys gift card.

I have had emails from three seperate people concerning this. The emails all seem to be exactly the same which would suggest that they have been copy and pasted. I was able to make one of them understand and he was very apologetic about the situation and that the advisor before had given me false information. A glimmer of hope I thought. He assured me that it is in the post and that I should contact them again if it didn't turn up. It never turned up, so I contacted them again. I was then told that it would be investigated further.

I was then contacted again and ask for my phone number and Vol number so that it could be investigated further. After giving this I was told that I don't qualify for a Sainsburys gift card as I don't meet the requirements.

I am unsure on how to communicate it any clearer that I didn't apply for a Sainsbury's gift card.

This whole business have left me feeling angry and fustrated. I have tried to phone BT but have been told that becasue it was an on-line offer/sign-up that I can only communicate about it via on-line and that the vouchers department has no phone number. If I wasn't so angry about it I could probably see the funny side that one of the biggest communications companies in the world doesn't have a phone number for it claims department.

If anyone working for BT reads this or anyone has a solution, please could you help me.

0 Ratings
53 REPLIES 53
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 54

Re: Pure Pre-Paid Visa Card

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 54

Go to solution

Hi lernien, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear that there is some confusion surrounding your pre paid visa card. I would like to lend a hand with this. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will chase this for you. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 54

Go to solution

I have the same issue. Haven't waited for over 30 days i received an email about sainsburys gift voucher. It seems like they did not even care to read my messages. Its frustrating and the BT over the phone customer service are very unhelpful. I requested to speak to a manager and was denied with the reply "he will say the same thing to you"

I moved over from talk talk and as things are going it will be hard to stay  with BT after the 12months contract. If any of the mods wants to help please get in contact.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 54

Go to solution
@unhappycustomer7 try this link it should get you the help you need Please use this form to chase up your Sainsbury Gift Card.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

This is the same method that the forum moderators would use. There is a delay in issuing gift cards at the moment.*
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 54

Go to solution
That's the issue, my offer was for £100 visa card and not a sainsbury gift card. I have used a similar link and received a reply saying my claim for sainsbury gift card is not valid when my offer/deal was £100 visa card due.
The customer service is very terrible, I had no idea BT had such a terrible customer service.
0 Ratings
lernien
Beginner
Message 7 of 54

Go to solution

Wow it even seems that messages on here aren't even read properly. Unhappycustomer7 posts about how they were sent infomation about Sainsburys gift card when they applied for the Pre Paid Visa Card, and they are sent a link on how to chase up their Sainsburys Gift Card.

I feel that maybe there is a running joke in the offices of BT.

I have been to Citizens advice. I have all the proof and have been told that if I sue BT I should be able to get the £100 and the cost of my entire contract back. It's more the principle now, I'm not desperate for the £100, I just don't like being lied to.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 54

Go to solution

Hi unhappycustomer7,

Welcome and thanks for posting. If you haven’t already done so please complete and submit the claim form at https://www.vouchers.bt.com/makeaclaim/. If you have done that please drop me an email with your details and I’ll chase this up for you.

@lernien we have your email and will be in touch soon. We’re very busy at present so there is a slight delay in replying.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 54

Go to solution

I HAVE made the claim over 30days ago and still have not received it. My issue is the same as Lernien's

1. Have placed your order on BT.com
2. Be a new BT Customer taking BT Broadband or BT Infinity (with or without BT TV)
3. Have completed the claim form after your BT Broadband of BT infinity service is up and running

I have done all of the above and also received an email about not being eligible for sainsbury gift card, when rather the claim was for £100 visa pure pre-paid card.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 54

Go to solution
use DavidM's contact link and the mod team will help get your problem resolved
0 Ratings