cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJW1100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Purecard Pin Reset

Managed to mess up changing the PIN number and thought I'd give them a ring to arrange a new PIN. Their phone stated takes you to a robot with 5 options, not a person, none of the options gave any indication of which  I needed, after going around in circles they closed the connection.

I went online and logged in, noted a new telephone number with assistance available at the time I was phoning, no problem then? That number took me to the same robot with the same  5 useless options!

Checked my login account, under security there was a 'see code' button for telephone banking this shows a series of numbers interspersed with ? between each. I then noticed that this was only available to those who had registered for telephone banking, which was not a option I saw when 'activating' my BT Reward card.

I sent an email asking for a PIN reset and got a reply:

**Please do not reply to this email as this mailbox is not monitored**

Thank you for contacting Cardholder Services.

Our offices are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm excluding Public Holidays.

If you require a more urgent response to your query, please call our Cardholder Services Team on 0344 800 6435 Alternatively, we will endeavor to respond to your email within 7 working days.

So a referral back to the robot, looks like I will have to wait up to 7 days for a reply or until someone (Not a Robot I assume) replies. Mind you even 7 days might not be long enough if their 'endeavors' take longer.

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Purecard Pin Reset

Hi @AJW1100 

you mention you can login to your account online

looking at

https://www.purecard.com/help/faq

It seems to cover  options for PIN reminder , unlocking PINS  and Pin resets.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Speak to pure card customer service call 0344 800 6435 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Choose Option 2 then ignore the messages twice and the call will be diverted to an advisor.

0 Ratings
AJW1100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, I do not see the selections you mention.

In my account I have View Card Pin, Freeze Card and Lost or Stolen. None of which help.

In FAQ's

Pin reminder, unlock, change. Lost or Stolen & Expiry.

Nothing about resets.

0 Ratings
AJW1100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Keith.

I will give that a try!!

0 Ratings
AJW1100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Two rounds of listening to the recorded messages on option 2 were not enough, it was after 3 rounds that I got to speak to them. They quickly said I needed to speak to the dedicated BT Reward card team, then put me through!

I then spoke to a very helpful lady who checked my details and advised there was no problem with the card and to try again at an ATM even though it had spat the card out and then advised I contact the issuer !  I said if it went wrong again or did not accept the PIN could I contact them (BT) directly? She gave me the number 0344 879 1068, the same number I tried first which did not get me anywhere, she advised to select option 4 'Lost or Stolen' to speak to someone.

I will try the card in an ATM again before reporting it lost or stolen!!!

0 Ratings