cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elizaCAR
Message 1 of 3

Query BT Infinity

Hi - I hope a moderator may be able to answer query concerning upgrade to BT Infinity.

I have received letter from Warren Buckley, Managing Director Customer Service, that provides information relating to broadband upgrade, a dedicated telephone number to call, code to quote and link to bt.com/infinity-upgrade.  I have used the link which displays window for code and instruction to download upgrade installation.......

Please could someone explain procedure for broadband upgrade ?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Query BT Infinity

I am sure that plenty of people on this forum have upgraded their broadband package to Infinity, so I would expect you would get some advice here.

However, if you do not get any replies within 48 hours, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Query BT Infinity

Not sure what you are asking, but I think I understand.

Once the order is placed, an engineer will be arranged to visit your property.

You will be able to choose the date and be able to change this date if something occurs though it has to be 3 days before? the arranged date and fail to be there on the date you will be charged £99.

Once he arrives on the day, he will switch you over at the cabinet and then visit your property to connect you up. This will involve some changes to your master socket. He will setup the modem and the HomeHub for you and connecting one device, normally wirelessly.

You can request where to put the HomeHub which can be basically anywhere in your house. You can also request to move the master socket, he will change a current extension socket to the master. Though will only do this if it's possible.

That is all to the setup, the order process is you use that link and then the rest will be explained to you.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.