cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Question: When is Chat Support not Chat Support?

Answer:  When it's provided by BT.

I had a question re. email alerts when I'm nearing my monthly Broadband allowance and myBT recommended I use the chat contact option with an average wait of 30 seconds. 

I fired it up with my quetion and was informed I was 13 in the queue and had a 7 minute wait!

It then counted down to zero and then reset back to 8 minutes and told me I was 9 in the queue!

Then it rose steadily to over 10 minutes and sat there for about another 10 minutes hovering at 6th in the queue and crawling to 5th and then 4th at 9 and a half minutes to wait.

How can such a large global organization not be able to resource a chat support facility even though recomending it to it's users?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Question: When is Chat Support not Chat Support?

3rd in the queue and timer locked at 10.15 minutes

5 minutes later still at 3rd so gave up, at which point it reset my chat screen to 15th in the queue

Clearly the chat support is manned by just one or two people, which I find startling for a major global technology company that promotes chat as it's preferred method of contact

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Retry live chat at an alternative time it sounds like you picked a busy time
0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thats my experience of the Chat Support system. 

If they were busy, why was BT  still claiming a short waiting time?

It would be nice if sufficient staff were on Chat Support at busy times but I accept maybe we're not paying BT a high enough price for that level of service.

So if the site just said "You are 100th in the queue" or "Sorry we're really busy at the moment - please try later" we would know where we stand and not get so upset and frustrated. 

0 Ratings