cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Question about delayed move to new home

Hi there,

I have a question about my home move coming up. I will be out of my current property on the 22nd April, The home i am moving to will not be completed till early June. I am moving back to my parents in the meantime. As i will not be using my service for 6-7 weeks possibly, is there some way i can have my payments put on hold till i am into my new house?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Question about delayed move to new home

@amcintyre123 wrote:

Hi there,

I have a question about my home move coming up. I will be out of my current property on the 22nd April, The home i am moving to will not be completed till early June. I am moving back to my parents in the meantime. As i will not be using my service for 6-7 weeks possibly, is there some way i can have my payments put on hold till i am into my new house?

Thanks in advance.

That is not possible, you would have to cancel your existing contract, which may be expensive if you are still in contract.

Is anyone going to be moving in to your old property, as they would no be able to order any service until your account is closed at that address. You would also be responsible for any calls made, if you have not told BT you are moving.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have not informed BT i am moving yet as i don't have a move in date for my new home yet.

Can i just carry on paying my new contract then without it being assigned to an address? Then port it when i move in?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

the people who move into your current address will not be able to get phone/broadband as you will be the account holder unless they paid for the installation of a new line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings