Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiako78
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Questions about moving home

Hello,
I am moving to Bracknell and I noticed that BT Infinity is not available at my new flat.
I have some questions:

1) Since BT Infinity (fibre) is not available there, I will get standard broadband. Will I continue to pay the same amount or less?
2) Does the contract have to be renewed (or extended)?
3) Is there any way to see the actual speed that the standard broadband will be achieve at my new apartment?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Questions about moving home

@yiako78 wrote:

Hello,
I am moving to Bracknell and I noticed that BT Infinity is not available at my new flat.
I have some questions:

1) Since BT Infinity (fibre) is not available there, I will get standard broadband. Yes if that is what you want.  Will I continue to pay the same amount or less? It will be the standard cost of "standard" broadband, not Infinity.
2) Does the contract have to be renewed (or extended)? It will start a new contract, normally for 12 months.
3) Is there any way to see the actual speed that the standard broadband will be achieve at my new apartment?

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive and an estimate of the speeds you may get.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only(EO) line. This means you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.

Sometime in the future Openreach may install a cabinet out side the exchange and this will allow EO lines to connect to a cabinet. This however is not high on their priority list so may take some time.

Use the present BT phone number for the aprtment if you know it. If you don't have the BT number use the address checker. It is more accurate than the post code checker which can cover more than one cabinet.

Thanks

0 Ratings