Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1946
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Quidco Cashback Declined!

Hi,

I placed an order for BT Unlimited Broadband Extra on 22/06/2016 through Quidco as there was a £120 cashback promotion.  I'm a frequent user of Quidco and was careful to delete all cookies, start a new brower session, follow the link directly from Quidco etc.  Unfortunately the order did no track so I submitted a manual claim to Quidco on 25/06/2016.

To my amazement I receieved a notification from Quidco on 30/08/2016 to advise that BT has declined my claim.  One of the main reasons I moved from Sky to BT Broadband was because of the Quidco promotion - I'm paying a lot more for my broadband now that I was with Sky.  I don't understand how customers can be penalised if they follow the prescribed process exactly?  I have never had a Quidco claim declined before.  £120 is a significant amount of money and I have spent hours on the phone to BT Broadband customer servers to no avail.  Am I within my rights to cancel my BT Broadband service?  Afterall, if it wasn't for the the Quidco promotion I would not have chosen BT Broadband.

Looking at the reviews on Quidco and the other posts on this forum it appears that I'm not the only customer to have been affected by this issue.  Hopefully someome can provide me with some guidance on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Quidco Cashback Declined!

Hi @Bob1946,

I'm sorry to hear that your order on Quidco hasn't tracked correctly. The best thing to do is to raise a dispute with Quidco and they'll be able to investigate this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bob1946
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Hi Paddy,

I've already raised a dispute with Quidco and the outcome was that the claim was declined.

Thanks

Bob

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

@Bob1946 wrote:

Hi Paddy,

I've already raised a dispute with Quidco and the outcome was that the claim was declined.

Thanks

Bob

Was your order done 100% online or was there a problem with it?

Does your order show on mybt as being complete?

When you raised the dispute with quidco did you give them the order number - the one starting with VOL, not the one starting A...?

0 Ratings
Bob1946
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Hi,

Yes - it was done 100% online.  I did provide Quidco with all of the requested details (including the order number starting VOL).  This is why I'm mystified as to why it was rejected?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 19

I guess you could try again giving them the other number instead and see if that helps?

Did you remember to sign up for the BT gift card at least? https://www.vouchers.bt.com/claim-my-reward/

0 Ratings
Bob1946
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

Once a dispute has been closed by Quidco as "declined" there is no mechanism to reopen it to try a different order number?  Surely someone from BT should be looking into this? They're the ones that rejected the claim despite everything being in order? It seems impossible to be able to get through to anyone on the customer care lines that understands the issue - I've just been passed from person to person continuously.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 19

@Bob1946 wrote:

Once a dispute has been closed by Quidco as "declined" there is no mechanism to reopen it to try a different order number?  Surely someone from BT should be looking into this? They're the ones that rejected the claim despite everything being in order? It seems impossible to be able to get through to anyone on the customer care lines that understands the issue - I've just been passed from person to person continuously.

OK - so you are hoping that a BT Moderator would be able to help chase this up for you.

I'll leave that to them to see if they can help as you've already tried quidco directly...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@Bob1946 did Quidco tell you why the cashback was declined? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
maryam011
Message 10 of 19

Hi, I've also made my own thread @NeilO and my topcashback was declined. Any help?
0 Ratings