cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollie2222
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Quidco cashback question

I currently have fibre broadband with Plusnet and I'm looking at moving to BT fibre superfast 2 via Quidco which is currently offering cashback.

I do currently have a BT Mobile account but I've never had BT Broadband before, can anyone confirm that I would qualify for the Quidco cashback?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Quidco cashback question

There is nothing on the Quidco Ts&Cs popup which says existing customers are excluded but it does refer you to the "retailer's standard Ts&Cs" without offering a specific link!

You should be eligible, however be aware these cashback incentives can be a minefield and you shouldn't enter into a contract based on an assumption that cashback will definitely be paid.  Cashback is to all intents and purposes an unregulated industry which means that if you're left disappointed you have no independent arbitrator to turn to.  There is no end of anecdotal to evidence to suggest that the higher the rewards (cashback) the greater the chance that the transaction will fail to track or later (much later) be declined without Quidco or BT being under a legal obligation to tell you why.

That said, many people have benefitted from cashback delivering exactly as advertised, often without any hitch. So my advice, for what it is worth, is follow the correct process and links for cashback but ultimately regard it as a bonus if and when it arrives in your account.

N.B. The instructions for ensuring Quidco Cashback tracks and confirms properly are quite involved but worth browsing here if only to remove one of Quidco's stock excuses for not paying out.

0 Ratings
Ollie2222
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply and that is the same attitude I've always taken with Quidco cashback over the years I've been using it.

On the Quidco site it has the line under things that mean you won't get cashback it says :-

"If you have already have a registered account with BT"

I presume I'd fall foul of this as I do have an account with BT but only for mobile.

I also wondered about moving from Plusnet as they are owned by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Well spotted. I wonder if that exclusion applies when your existing account is presumably independent from the landline or whether it can simply be overcome with registering your broadband under a different email address.  There is clearly a risk that any cashback that tracked would later be refused.

Unfortunately there is no cast iron way to clarify this ahead of signing up and Quidco's Customer Support are notoriously anonymous and vague. However you could try engaging their Official Rep. via the MoneySavingExpert Forum - if you did get a positive response it would be attributable, on the record and public!

Alternatively, it might be that BT offers a comparable deal with a Reward Card or other incentive (even if the package you want isn't currently advertised with a reward, you might be able to negotiate one by talking directly to the Value Team 0800 917 0510). Not sure about levels of service in the current climate so you may have to be patient.

0 Ratings
Ollie2222
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again for the reply.

I've just spoken to Quidco via online chat and they think that because I have a mobile account I wouldn't get the cashback.

I'll try and speak with the Value Team later on and see what they can offer.
0 Ratings