cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farhann96
Message 1 of 8

RE: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

I received an email today about being able to continue my subscription for BT Sports for free for another year by renewing my contract. If I do renew the contract will this also renew my contract for my phone and broadband? If this does renew my contract for everything will I be able to receive a HH5 free of charge as I currently I have a HH3 with the white openreach modem?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: RE: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

If you renew for btsports then that will renew your package for another 12 months. I would try the options team and see if you can get a better deal and at same time ask for HH5. You probably need to pay the £6.95 postage

i would think about changing to HH5 and would read some of the posts on problems with HH5 and dropping connection

0800800030. They are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I doubt you will get a HH5 for free and if you read through the forum regarding the problems some posters have been having with it you might be better keeping what you have. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

I suspect that you will have to renew your broadband contract but if you phone the Options Team 0800.800.030 they should be able to answer your questions about the contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

We really need a flying pigs 'smiley' for this forum.

BT don't give anything away for free if they can possibly avoid it.  If you want a new Home Hub, they will at least charge you a small fee for it.

The free BT Sport comes with a 12 month broadband subscription.  That, in practice, means another 12 months on the phone as well, since you can't get broadband without the phone line.

If you want to try to haggle for a better deal, don't phone sales on 150.  They are annoying and pushy.  Instead try the cancellations department (aka. customer options) on 0800 800 030.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I agree with what's been said, but a lot depends on who you get at the BT end. I upgraded my daughter's Infinity mid term to Unlimited. HH5 arrived without asking. Perhaps he put a tick in the wrong/right box?

Just ask, they can only say no. But do some cost research before you ring.

Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Phoning the options team seems good idea. Lol

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
farhann96
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The options team I have found are polite, friendly and willing to help and are not a pushy sales team.

0 Ratings